snapped acl

lachie.g

Likes Dirt
april first was my opp, i couldnt get the bugger straight for awhile but its fine now, i have been really good really fast recovery, now to grow the hamstring back and hopefully be back intime for the national series, my phisio said 6 months until full dh racing and must confirm that with my doctor, one thing is certian i am going to flog the fucker that hit me in 4x and put me into this torture

Zam

Likes Dirt
april first was my opp, i couldnt get the bugger straight for awhile but its fine now, i have been really good really fast recovery, now to grow the hamstring back and hopefully be back intime for the national series, my phisio said 6 months until full dh racing and must confirm that with my doctor, one thing is certian i am going to flog the fucker that hit me in 4x and put me into this torture
Sorry dude but there is no growing the hamstring back, once it's gone it"s gone.....Although, you can strengthen and grow the existing hamstring which is left after you reconstruction.

I was back playing Aussie rules after 9 mths rehab, was walking 3wks and running after 2.5mths, get yourself a good physio and gym emmebership if you don't have one and work on BOTH legs as much as you can and even push SLIGHLTLY beyond what you think you can without going overboard, listen to you knee and leg and you will be back as good as ever and in a relatively short period of time.

All the best

lachie.g

Likes Dirt
Sorry dude but there is no growing the hamstring back, once it's gone it"s gone.....Although, you can strengthen and grow the existing hamstring which is left after you reconstruction.

I was back playing Aussie rules after 9 mths rehab, was walking 3wks and running after 2.5mths, get yourself a good physio and gym emmebership if you don't have one and work on BOTH legs as much as you can and even push SLIGHLTLY beyond what you think you can without going overboard, listen to you knee and leg and you will be back as good as ever and in a relatively short period of time.

All the best
sorry i ment growing the half hamstring back, its pretty tough cause im only 15 and going throough this at such a young age, yes i have contemplated and tryed to punch several holes im my wall in frustration. just have to back off abit whislt riding and take it smoothe

Zam

Likes Dirt
sorry i ment growing the half hamstring back, its pretty tough cause im only 15 and going throough this at such a young age, yes i have contemplated and tryed to punch several holes im my wall in frustration. just have to back off abit whislt riding and take it smoothe
even though your young, should be a bit easier for you provding you follow the advice of a good physio, as you are young you body should be able to repair, grow and strengthen qicker and better then someone older, get in thet gym and start your rehad ASAP, do plenty of walking and you will get the benefits....

Bets of luck

houli77

Likes Dirt
. At the same time, breaking my ACL was the best thing that's happened to me!
that's an interesting way to describe ACL damage? elaborate?

i did my acl about just over a year ago, and had surgery almost 1 year to the day so i know the drill, interested in your story..