Snot an orange for once.....

moorey

call me Mia
Wow! I remember once on a Youies shuttle day overhearing some guys talking about a dude selling some cracked frames for ridiculously cheap, but I don't know where to find it. Admittedly I thought they were joking but it sounds like a good deal if you can get them for a good price. If you could link me to a website or something i'd be really keen to check it out:)

It sounds quite funny that having a cracked frame is a common occurance and is completely fine haha :lol:
Do you even Yeti?
or Scott?
or kona?

Logic

Likes Dirt
Do you even Yeti?
or Scott?
or kona?
My workmate just bought a 2009 Kona stab supreme! He's 19 so I think he's buying it for the nostalgia (his dad worked for Kona or something). **trigger warning** I think they are absolutely hideous bikes (new Kona's are super sexy though). But hopefully that doesn't split in half like his Norco did.

moorey

call me Mia
My workmate just bought a 2009 Kona stab supreme! He's 19 so I think he's buying it for the nostalgia (his dad worked for Kona or something). **trigger warning** I think they are absolutely hideous bikes (new Kona's are super sexy though). But hopefully that doesn't split in half like his Norco did.
I really like the process's and precepts, but no matter how awesome the new operators look, I just don't think I could. Just seen to many fail over the years.

Logic

Likes Dirt
I really like the process's and precepts, but no matter how awesome the new operators look, I just don't think I could. Just seen to many fail over the years.
Yeah couldn't agree more, btw I was talking about the old Operators, Stabs and Stinkys.

Didn't Kona make a carbon Operator at one point? Why did they go back to aluminium?

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah couldn't agree more, btw I was talking about the old Operators, Stabs and Stinkys.

Didn't Kona make a carbon Operator at one point? Why did they go back to aluminium?
You're talking about bikes older than yourself. Yes they did. Didn't realise they stopped. I can only imagine why...

moorey

call me Mia
First 'proper' ride today. Took the daughter out for a good long ride and put it through it's basic motions. Loving it!!!
It's like a stiffer, longer travel spitfire, funnily enough. That's a very good thing.
True ride tomorrow. Can't wait.
Minor change...trimmed and tidied cables and fitted Boomkings 100mm lev, so the lad can ride it properly...and he already flogged it and smashed out the local pump track today. Appears to jump well. I'm unlikely to find out for myself.
It's a keeper.
IMG_9182.jpg

moorey

call me Mia
Nice build. Reckon I've got another couple of years out of the spitfire, but maybe I will go the rune next!
Very different but so familiar to my spitty. Why not both? Do you even N+1? Particularly if you stick to 26", cheap as chips to build up.
I wouldn't fancy this on the 60km hilly trail rides I can take the spitty on, but it's certainly no problem to pedal around. Only about 500g heavier with same build, but can feel it's a little harder to push along.

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
I'm waiting for next major frame revision from Keith in 2018/19. Spitfire and Rune will merge, you read it here first:horn:

moorey

call me Mia
I'm waiting for next major frame revision from Keith in 2018/19. Spitfire and Rune will merge, you read it here first:horn:
I want a light 120mm 26/27.5 banshee to fill a bike shaped hole in my heart.

And nooo, they both need to stay :hand: