Snowies MTB Festival

loc81

Likes Dirt
I've stayed here about 6 months ago and was pretty impressed- it'll be good to throw some festivities thrown into the mix this time.

curlysurfer

Likes Dirt
I should note that ecocrackenback have pointed out the 15% discount applies from 1/1/2015 through to 2/4/2015.

It's a pretty cool place 5k's from the Snowie MTB event, 10k's from Jindy, and a short stroll (300m) to Wild Brumby Distillery

raemit

Cannon Fodder
Elusive Results

Does anyone know how to find out the results for this event? Not just the elite podium but the entire field

I happened to be in the area on the weekend so signed up for stage 4 (the 75k - 5 lap event). I still don't know my results despite contacting the organisers and searching their web site and the web in general. Pretty poor form IMHO. I guess I'm used to events such as the Gravity 12 hour in Bright where you can see your progress on-screen live as you finish each lap and the Otway Odyssey in Forrest where the results are available on-screen as soon as you finish.

Despite having electronic timing at this Crackenback/Thredbo event, results were not available at the event. I was told they'd be online soon. My expectations of soon are clearly different than the organisers!

By the way the riding was great. Definitely worth a visit.

raemit

Cannon Fodder
nearly every event in the Snowies has issues with timing or getting results online in a reasonable time frame! .
Getting timing and results right is a pretty important part of running an event. Anyhow thanks for the try riz0. I had actually seen those results earlier. When they were available they only included those who entered into all 4 stages, not participants like me who registered for a single stage. Anyhow I hope that eventually the organisers will answer the emails that I have sent them requesting access to my results.

crummy?

Likes Dirt
Race Report.

Had a couple of team mates head down for the event,

"This weekend was supposed to be a nice non-riding date weekend away for us, however Shelly got so excited when she saw that there was a race on that we packed our bikes and made the trip down to Jindy to rip it up."

Their full race report is here.