so how was illinbah?

sickdogmadrash

Likes Dirt
i think this thread is due,

how did you all go? any one have a brilliant run/anyone fall and eat it?

post up your placing and age group

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i ate shit in the forest and got a gnarly graze! ate shit on the shute

first race and i got 21st aint to bad, u17

joshrides

Likes Dirt
11 practise runs, 0 stacks. 1 race run, 2 stacks :( well, after the second corner there is a rock jump, hit it landed all good then there is some other little jump, jumped that, hit rock, over bars rolled at least 5 metres down the track and then trekked back to my bike. stack 2 : in the forest dont know what happend chose a bad line flipped over the bars, bike jammed around a tree a marshall stands there and watches me attempt to pull my bike out of some tree for at least 15 - 20 seconds.

so i ended up 27th out of 31 people that rode, i got a worse time than i did at my first ever race at this track:rolleyes:. ended up with 5:17 and a sore neck, knees and whatever else.

all in good fun though:) bring on kenilworth.

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good for me.
Had no crashes, feet came off pedals and got a couple scratches up my leg but that's about it.
Wouldn't have a clue about time or place aye.

Anyway, first time so I was happy, love the bridge over XC track.

Jammo

Likes Dirt
11 practise runs, 0 stacks. 1 race run, 2 stacks :( well, after the second corner there is a rock jump, hit it landed all good then there is some other little jump, jumped that, hit rock, over bars rolled at least 5 metres down the track and then trekked back to my bike. stack 2 : in the forest dont know what happend chose a bad line flipped over the bars, bike jammed around a tree a marshall stands there and watches me attempt to pull my bike out of some tree for at least 15 - 20 seconds.

so i ended up 27th out of 31 people that rode, i got a worse time than i did at my first ever race at this track:rolleyes:. ended up with 5:17 and a sore neck, knees and whatever else.

all in good fun though:) bring on kenilworth.

so thats why i caught you :)i was yelling out track since the start of the aline rock garden haha.

ohwell shit happens dude dont worry about it, had a great weekend thanks to all the marshalls and event organsies maddest people.

Nathan_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
oh it was a good day, all the boys afer the shute on the drop, couldnt stop laughing!:D

even my dad thought it was funny

Duckman

Likes Bikes
Had a bloody great time to be honest, ate shit in my race and then got stuck behind the guy in front of me :(. Ah well had a brilliant time, grats to the winners Darcy won with a 3:36 i belive.

Last edited:

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
At the frenzy race I pushed waaay to hard on my race run and ate shit a bunch of times, so i took it super cruisy at Illinbah (probalby to cruisy)

Didn't get a great place but god damn I love that track. Can't wait for the next open day.

timmy0081

Likes Dirt
farkin great weekend. first time ive raced at illinbah and i heard clear weather there in the past has been as rare as rocking horse shit. Had a nice clean run and no major offs over both the saturday and sunday.

now i have to study for my bloody geography exam...screw it, im watching pinkbike vods.

cyaz!

921812.yr10

Likes Dirt
well good weekend for me but not the best result.
some kid crashed in front of me took like 5 seconds if not more to get around him.
ended up comin 8th

Last edited:

master@dh

Likes Dirt
awesome weekend 4 me
came 2nd witha time of 4.03 behind the illinbah ledgend (will hickman)

also to top it all of, i won the tomac snyper:D

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
I got 4th in U17's with my next to no pedalling run - I wasn't wearing armour all weekend so I was telling myself just to take it easy, therefore not much pedalling...

2 seconds off 3rd/podium too :rolleyes:

Still happy though, lookin forward to Kworth.