So much for getting a BB7...

wombat

Lives in a hole
Shame. I wonder if there's more to it, or if it's just another case of a big corporation "not getting it".

Gutty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Update by Stephen Marshall, distributer(or something like that) for Balfa in USA. Taken from Hcor.

stephe said:
This is my first post or look at this forum in months but a friend told me of the topic.

As some of you know I have a great relationship with Balfa Cycles and a very personal connection, Fredric Monast is a very close friend of mine. As a matter of fact he will be vacationing with me from the 7th to the 13th of July.

I can asure everyone that Fred and J have no hard feelings toward Pro cycles and wish them the best luck with Balfa success. As you can imagine they do not want to see a company they founded and brought to the level it is at , just fail. Balfa cycles will always be Fred and J's and if balfa becomes a huge success they will know it was from there inovation in the bike industry.

As far as the some people having problems with they Balfas, Please show me one company that is completly flawless with never making a mistake not only in the bike industry but in any industry.

As far as Balfa going under. It just will not happen. There overhead will go down buy splitting a huge machine shop with another procycle company(which manufactuers gym machines) which has its own cnc machine and more modern machine equipment. they will also have a full time secreatary, an 800 number and a much better phone system.

What does that mean. I guess it should mean WAY BETTER CUSTOMER SERVICE which I will admit has always been fair at best. In there defense the same people that answered the phone were the same building and machining the bikes so it was very easy to take a message and have it get lost in the shuffle.

As far as the bikes being outsorced to tawian is completely false. Pro cycles bought Balfa becuase of what there were and they will remain a hand crafted bicycle made in canada.

Balfa is currentlly 3 to 4 months ahead of schedule comparied to last year.

The bikes are proven and I find it very upsetting that ther is any bashing going on at all. Espessically from Eastcoastzigzag and Taz. I know for a fact that the only problem that Dave had is with his Avy shock or with his bikes collecting dust. and Taz you have had nothing but praise for your Balfas untill know. Balfa has 2 of the fastest pro men , one of the fastest woman and one of the best urban/freeriders(not you mini) around riding these bikes. Plus the dropmachine team and the dhrace team.

Don't let Dom fill your head with shit he has had it in for Balfa since he was fired from Balfa a few years ago. He has outright lied about the machinst and welders quiting. They were all at work today. J has told no one to stuff it and is still thinking of being the designer of the balfa product but as a sub contractor. By the way thanks Dom/ YODO for f***in me with the money you owe me. and to all you HCOR guys make sure you always owe YODO becuase if it is the other way you can kiss it good by.

I still am a very strong balfa supporter and feel that they will continue to make a great product. Only time will tell and even though my good friend Fred will not be welding my bikes any longer I wish Balfa all the success they deserve from the hard work Balfa employes have put in since the first buildt Balfa frame in 1990.

If you have any other ????? just email me at rippy154@yahoo.com or at smarshall@balfa.com

G

is it or isnt it? i was just askin cuz i mean mtb forums....DOM?? yeah i dunno

DONT TEASE ME!!!!! :(

Ryan

Radministrator
fastrider_ben, at least try and make your posts somewhat intelligent.

Interesting, there's a lesson to be learnt here people, don't believe everything you read on forums :)