So what Olympics sports shouldn't be in the Olympics and what should be?!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
I nearly lost my shit when I saw this dude waving when Germany were walking in and if you check the background of the shot, by the look of things so did BoJo and Camilla Parker-Bowles...

0psi

Eats Squid
IN- Static freediving, great prime time viewing watching guys lay motionless, face down in a pool for way over 10mins at a time. It's also a sport the kids can try out in the lounge room, if they pass out, they just need more practice.
Gotta have constant weight, dynamic and free imersion too. Actually, fug it, bring back no limits free diving while we're at it.

Ultra marathons should be in too. Anything that explores the limits of what humans can do really.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Out: Bloody horse stuff.

In: BASE jumping onto a small target. Lower opening = more points + closer to mark = more points. To spice things up, serious injury gives the most points, so do you break a femur in the qualifying to make sure you get in or later on in the tournament when more exotic injuries reap higher rewards?

bardynt

Back in his day.....
thought you guys like this

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...ving-one-one-challenge-50-145848783--nba.html

so then what age is old for sport i know certain jordan and few other played later in there life but most sports i know in 30s you're career in on the way out unless you australian cricket team who couldn't get rid of old players since they didn't have enough young talent to replace them .

i remember a while back we have andrew gaze played the Olympics he was well past him prime but lack of other talents had him play

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches

In: BASE jumping onto a small target. Lower opening = more points + closer to mark = more points. To spice things up, serious injury gives the most points, so do you break a femur in the qualifying to make sure you get in or later on in the tournament when more exotic injuries reap higher rewards?
No. We need more animal events as they provide a bit of a random element that spices things up. I do like the BASE jumping idea however and I think it would definitely benefit from being performed on horseback.

bardynt

Back in his day.....
No. We need more animal events as they provide a bit of a random element that spices things up. I do like the BASE jumping idea however and I think it would definitely benefit from being performed on horseback.
well think aussies need a bit of luck with horses the guy who horse pulled up lame then the chick who replaced him her horse ended up being lame too

jrewing

Eats Squid
I nearly lost my shit when I saw this dude waving when Germany were walking in and if you check the background of the shot, by the look of things so did BoJo and Camilla Parker-Bowles...

Geez,

Out - boxing cause it's rigged to shit

In- that sport where you throw a ball in the oppositions net, anyway possible with punching kicking and mass brawling. That shit is hardcore.
Anyone no what I mean

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
Geez,

Out - boxing cause it's rigged to shit

In- that sport where you throw a ball in the oppositions net, anyway possible with punching kicking and mass brawling. That shit is hardcore.
Anyone no what I mean
La Crosse?

I want this in: capture the flag combined with some form of blood sport.

[video=youtube;g12BaduWjb0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g12BaduWjb0[/video]

jrewing

Eats Squid
Nah I think it's Greek and you just use your hands. Ie, if no one got in your way you could just walk to the oppositions net and roll it in, but there are no rules, saw it on wide world of sports a few times 15 odd years ago.

Plow King

Little bit.

In that case the sport would be dominated by the japanese jumping withoit parachutes for their countries honour...

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Out: Sailing.........yawn
In: Gymnastics Sans Vision. Competitors wear blacked out swimming goggles and rely upon their Coach verbally guiding them through their routine unscathed.

EDIT: Spend the budget for Sailing, Swimming, Shooting and Rowing (yawn) on the Para-Olympics and Special Olympics, the only Olympics that still have an ounce of Soul.

Last edited:

bardynt

Back in his day.....
In: Gymnastics Sans Vision. Competitors wear blacked out swimming goggles and rely upon their Coach verbally guiding them through their routine unscathed.

EDIT: Spend the budget for Sailing, Swimming and Shooting on the Para-Olympics and Special Olympics, the only Olympics that still have an ounce of Soul.
yer have agree with that

also watch horse dressage man after watching felt like sleeping man its boring aussies are placing well but fuck its boring

i wish the coverage would be full event for that sport not 20 seconds of the finish

akashra

Eats Squid
Ouch. I'm now imagining the springboard/horse attempted blind. That's a lot of broken bones, particularly in the face.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Boxing has to have weight classes seriously? Im sort of surprised someone would even mention no having weight classes. It's a very different thing in fighting.
Might as well. It have weight classes for power lifting either than.

OUT: snycronized swimming anything.
Rythmic gymnastics, all that crap with balls and ribbons.
Judo that's is so boring they just throw each other on ground.

IN: -jousting for sure that I would watch.
-Javelin 2.0 as mentioned early that sounds awesome.
-Old school sword fighting with heavy armor and real swords.
-replace all archery with moving targets and all arrows must be on fire.
-pretty much ever event on beerfest, beerpong, boot race etc.
-New division sober and drunk. All drunk events include participants to have a blood alcohol level of at least 0.10 for every 2 points over a multiplication of 0.1 will be added to the score.

- sky racing, anyone see that guy who used that flying suit and landed in boxes ie didnt need a parachute. we get 4 flyers or times runs with a marked gps track, all flyers jump out of the plane and follow the course, either all four at once or timed runs..

floody

Wheel size expert
As with others, all equestrian events. Competition is for humans, not animals being navigated by humans.