So where to ride this weekend?

Big Tim

Likes Dirt
Yarra will be under 6 feet of mud.

Red Hill is a wash out

Forget lysterfield i would say.

Youies maybe? The bottom will be dry at least. Ideas anyone? Just a conversation starter guys, no need for any major arguments.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
All trails at the You Yangs are closed until further notice. And with the way it pissed down here (Geelong) again today, I don't expect further notice to be in time for the weekend.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
This is buxton opening week. I wonder if its still on?

I usualyl just run a gravel grind somewhere.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
All trails at the You Yangs are closed until further notice. And with the way it pissed down here (Geelong) again today, I don't expect further notice to be in time for the weekend.
Shows what I know! Trails are open again as of this morning.

Big Tim

Likes Dirt
Nice to see you all responding.

Could you image Buxton at the minute. Like cat shit on lino.

I thought Youies might re-open. It drains fast.

I wonder how bad lystie is? Anyone tried it out recently.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I last rode Lysty about three weeks ago. Comm Games loop & the Hug/Blair Witch side were good, but the rest pretty shit & mucky, and I can't imagine it being anything but worse after the past week.

Red Hill is really good; was down there today for a bit of pruning and did a ride after. Bit squidgy across the bottom of the hill 'cos it gets all the runoff from above, but everything else is great. Beauty of being on a north-facing steep sandy/gravelly/rocky slope, it doesn't take long to drain! Didn't go right up the top to the roadside stuff, but that won't be so rosy....

Big Tim

Likes Dirt
Well o ended up doing a short ride on yarra trails. Started at the bridge at the end of high st and wandered back in a big loop to bulleen rs. All in all it was in much better nick than i thought. I skipped a couple of sections like the paddock, i figured that would be all mud, it usually is after that much rain.

Anyway i hope you all got a ride in.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Candlebark was in pretty good nick too only the odd puddle. Would be dry as dog nuts by now.
Some parts of the yt are drying up ok, keep clear of the usual wet bits though.

Last edited: