So... Who wants $50?

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Yeah look, it was just a bit of fun to see what everyone is up to, have a bit of friendly competition, and motivate eachother to challenge ourselves a bit.
I got my tax return back and thought I'd just create some incentive to push ones self a bit more than normal.

As it would appear that not one person has logged so much as one ride on here I take it nobody is up for the challenge?

If you go for a ride, no matter how long, just log it on here.
And (shredden?), it's only singular rides, not accumulated distance over days.

Last edited:

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
haha

I did 186.9km on the weekend. I see a few peeps did long rides for the strava 79 mile challenge. There was a bunch from Canberra that rode 350 but not sure if they are on RB.

was thinking of pushing on to get the double ton but I was rooted. It included over 2300m climbing too. Pretty sure this will get pipped soon...

Demon
Log it! That's a solid effort. Your'e a machine!
I have never ridden that far so your'e in with a good shot there demon.

will20b

Squid
Yeah look, it was just a bit of fun to see what everyone is up to, have a bit of friendly competition, and motivate eachother to challenge ourselves a bit.
I got my tax return back and thought I'd just create some incentive to push ones self a bit more than normal.

As it would appear that not one person has logged so much as one ride on here I take it nobody is up for the challenge?

If you go for a ride, no matter how long, just log it on here.
And (shredden?), it's only singular rides, not accumulated distance over days.
Me and mate went for a fair ride for breakfast and muffins last Sunday: http://app.strava.com/activities/28179739

Turner_rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll challenge you to the ASH Dash is a few weeks time. I'm not going to bother logging it but insist you ride the 210km with me to log it for me...

BLKFOZ

Likes Dirt
What about a split pool into mtb and road? Haha, everyone wants something for nothing.
Wait until just before Xmas when I've got a few days off and I'll smash out a big mtb ride (on 160mm travel to make it more impressive). Strava on my phone keeps stopping after about an hr though so I might not have proof - we'll see how it goes.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Gee harmonix , $50 is cheaper than a race entry for motivation !

Definitely need a Mtb and roadie comp - anything less than 2 inch wide tyres is cheating

will20b

Squid

Definitely need a Mtb and roadie comp - anything less than 2 inch wide tyres is cheating
Mine wasn't cheating, 2.25 Racing Ralphs!

My lunatic mate has said the next is an imperial double century, ~320km. I'm not sure we can be friends anymore! :help:

0psi

Eats Squid
That'd be the one. I heard the last Hungry Jacks stop was an interesting one! They're actually friends of a friend so I've only met them the once, either of them on RB?

A couple of us a riding from the mountains to Canberra which works out to just short of 350km but that probably won't happen till January as most of us are retail folk. Harmonix, if you extend your challenge to mid Jan I may have an epic for ya.

scbullit

Likes Dirt
That'd be the one. I heard the last Hungry Jacks stop was an interesting one! They're actually friends of a friend so I've only met them the once, either of them on RB?

A couple of us a riding from the mountains to Canberra which works out to just short of 350km but that probably won't happen till January as most of us are retail folk. Harmonix, if you extend your challenge to mid Jan I may have an epic for ya.
One of them is Tombola on here, but he doesn't frequent here much...

Propagate

Likes Dirt
Awesome! Just the kind of challenge I was looking for! :)
G'day, I'm will20b's mate...

Saw your thread and thought it looked a bit of fun but didn't post my ride as I thought it was a day early, but if you're happy to accept it, then I'm happy to log it?

And as Will said, it was MTB all the way and 2.25 Racing Ralph's here too.

http://app.strava.com/activities/28183081

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing where you end up riding, (my nuts still hurt by the way).

harmonix1234

Eats Squid

Yeah I guess... Didn't really think that one through did I...? :/

For the record, I'll be on a roadie. I don't actually own a MTB right now... Which means I probably shouldn't even be on this forum :p

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
G'day, I'm will20b's mate...

Saw your thread and thought it looked a bit of fun but didn't post my ride as I thought it was a day early, but if you're happy to accept it, then I'm happy to log it?

And as Will said, it was MTB all the way and 2.25 Racing Ralph's here too.

http://app.strava.com/activities/28183081

Good luck! Looking forward to seeing where you end up riding, (my nuts still hurt by the way).
Phwoar! Fark, yep. I'll take that. What's a day between farkers?

Looks like I'm gonna have to ride from one end of Tassie to the other to beat that. In with a good shot for a pineapple right there my friend!

I have just remodelled my collarbone so I can't take it on.

I do enjoy some of the feats!
Reminds me that around xmas time last year, Lachlan Morton rode from Sydney to Port Macquarie @ 37kmh average.
That, for me, was bloody impressive.

0psi

Eats Squid
So Harmonix, how is progress? I hope your not affected by the fires.
Farkin hey. Don't move to Sydney Harmonix, while you seem like an upstanding bloke natural disasters seem to follow you around! Last year it was floods and now fires, hope they aren't too close. Stay safe buddy.

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Farkin hey. Don't move to Sydney Harmonix, while you seem like an upstanding bloke natural disasters seem to follow you around! Last year it was floods and now fires, hope they aren't too close. Stay safe buddy.
Yeah, thanks guys. I went out for a crack at it this morning to beat the 200km mark and packed it in after only 50kms.
I felt weak and fatigued this morning and had no strength in me at all.
Yesterday was Hobarts hottest day on meteorological record at 41.8, and last night it was still 32 degrees at 1am. I slept like crap and even though I kept my fluids up yesterday in the heat, I don't feel crash hot.

I'm resting up today, gonna go for a light spin tonight in the cool and try for the big one tomorrow.
My anticipated route (out to Richmond/Sorell) has to be changed because they have closed the road out there because of the fires, and same with my other alternate route out to Primrose sands return for the first leg. All closed.
Looks like I'll have to head south and into the mountains to get out of the heat and away from the fires.
Should be a good day on the road. Anyone wanna join me for an all dayer in the mountains?