So who's entered in the NZO-12hr?

*Turtle*

Likes Bikes
I entered a team of 3 today for the Saturday event :p

Who else is in???

I have borrowed some lights and just need to practice in the dark :eek: Any tips for a newbie??

schacksta

Western Sydney MTB Club

Who else is in???

I have borrowed some lights and just need to practice in the dark :eek: Any tips for a newbie??
What the!!?? No responses yet? Wanna hurry folks, entries are filling up super-fast:eek: :eek: :eek:

I've entered the first lady in a team... "Western Sydney Wide Load Hoes"!!!

cheers,

schacksta
president
www.wsmtb.com

Last edited:

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Surly Coopers 4x1 Cup (Case)

I hope we're in (PDogg????)

The Surly Flinging Monkeys are putting up a case of Coopers Pale Ale
for the Singlespeed team that does the most laps on the Saturday
edition of the 12 hour. There are a few simple rules

1. You must include Surly in your team name

2. Bikes must have 1 gear only

3. An exception to rule 2 has been made for Surly Pugsleys (these can
be geared). It's hoped that as a sub event there will be a Pug-Off
for the fastest lap on a Pugsley.

4. The winning team will be expected to share some of their winnings
with the Surly Flinging Monkeys

5. The Surly Flinging Monkeys may change the rules

So far we have

The Surly Flinging Monkeys
The Surly Gits

DaGonz

Eats Squid
The Surly Flinging Monkeys are putting up a case of Coopers Pale Ale
for the Singlespeed team that does the most laps on the Saturday
edition of the 12 hour. There are a few simple rules

5. The Surly Flinging Monkeys may change the rules
what... no penalties for sobriety during the race?

Cheers
Gonz

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt

Who else is in???

that team includes me.....:D :D :D

that 70km epic i did yesterday up in the mountains, including andersons/oaks backed up by a decent run tonite is hopefully doing me some good.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yup...better get some more nite riding in....:eek:

DaGonz

Eats Squid
that team includes me.....:D :D :D
aww yeah... I'll be there too on the saturday, doubt I'll make the sunday somehow ;) Watch for the idiot in the cycleworld Jersey with a silly grin on his face for 12 hours... or is that grimace...

that 70km epic i did yesterday up in the mountains, including andersons/oaks backed up by a decent run tonite is hopefully doing me some good....
Didn't go up ingar did you? ingar -> ando's -> oaks, 75(ish) km's, 1600m's vertical 2bfo hills and a couple annoying little grinds... Not going to get much in the way of long rides more than about 3 hours between now and then. Not sure if that's a problem or not. Hopefully I've done enough long rides in the last couple of months...

Looking forward to it! should be fun ;)

Cheers
Gonz - who's new lights are sitting at the post office... mua ha ha ha haaa....

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
Didn't go up ingar did you? ingar -> ando's -> oaks, 75(ish) km's, 1600m's vertical 2bfo hills and a couple annoying little grinds...
Howdy DaGonz...

nah i was heading for anderson's from wentworth falls end, and when got to the hospital, went the wrong way, kept the hospital on my left, instead of right...:eek: :eek: which resulted in a monster 3km downhill to a locked water board gate, and therefore a nice climb back up the downhill...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: oh well i wanted a good training day out...;) ;)

then found the anderson's....:cool: :cool: and linked it up with the oaks...:D :D

was a great day out...

grumpy rooster

Likes Dirt
We've got a team of 4. Same team we had for the 8hr at Yarra. In for Saturday. sydneysingletrack.com.

Should be fun. :)

Last edited:

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Hey shrekmeister,
at least the gate was shut, it could have been much worse for you if it wasn't:)
The road doesn't get that much steeper...

Next time the shrekmeister goes out he needs to get someone to write a big L on his left hand and a R on his right hand

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
The road doesn't get that much steeper...

Next time the shrekmeister goes out he needs to get someone to write a big L on his left hand and a R on his right hand
it was all fun...and good training....:D :D :D

get back on topic.....Turtle was asking you experts to provide the Novice's some advice on training in the dark....

apart from avoiding Dropbears :eek: :eek: ....

we probably JFT !!! :cool: :cool:

Fidsey

Likes Dirt
Sidewall Tearing Frenzy

That's us, a team of two on Saturday.

Convinced my team-mate to wait until after this and the "Scott" 24hr for the singlespeed conversion..........:D

Watch for me at 8:59pm when my buddy comes into transition and makes me do another lap! Go the three GU's, a coffee and a coke - can't wait till I hit the wall on that one :rolleyes: