So who's got the lightest dh rig.

macca21

Likes Dirt
Not the lightest on here but it's not bad... 16.78 Kg in the photo but last couple of weeks has bumped it up a bit. Planning on new deemaxs by the end of the year which will drop it to ~16.5 Kg, not bad for such a big frame...
evoBDa2(sp?): get yours up here!!!

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So fond of that Specialized.. looks so nice! Its like the girl you see on the street with the massive set of tits.. you just cant help but have another look.. haha

I’ve had mine lighter before (different front tyre, different brakes etc), and if you really wanted to you could get it under 16kg pretty easily.
But its still all dedicated dh parts ie: coil spring, Saint cranks, Saint 4pot brakes, Saint Derailleur, 2.5 Dh tyres, decent weight stem. So there’s no tricks or anything to it. Few ti parts here and there (i think just the caliper bolts at the moment, oh and stem bolts), light pedals, light tubeless wheels, onza rear tyre, air forks etc..

So i dare say there are easily lighter 224’s out there. I remember some UK guy had got a 224 in the 14’s, but with a silly unreliable non dh build. So to me thats a waste anyway. If i buy a new frame for next year.. ill most likely get the new Mondraker.. which like Treks etc are easily built in the 15’s.

Future plans? Probably losing 10kg of the beer belly to be able to put those extra pedal strokes in where it counts!
And i just realised on the weekend i still have the seat post uncut at 400mm haha

Last edited:

rstwosix

Likes Dirt
So fond of that Specialized.. looks so nice! Its like the girl you see on the street with the massive set of tits.. you just cant help but have another look.. haha

I’ve had mine lighter before (different front tyre, different brakes etc), and if you really wanted to you could get it under 16kg pretty easily.
But its still all dedicated dh parts ie: coil spring, Saint cranks, Saint 4pot brakes, Saint Derailleur, 2.5 Dh tyres, decent weight stem. So there’s no tricks or anything to it. Few ti parts here and there (i think just the caliper bolts at the moment, oh and stem bolts), light pedals, light tubeless wheels, onza rear tyre, air forks etc..

So i dare say there are easily lighter 224’s out there. I remember some UK guy had got a 224 in the 14’s, but with a silly unreliable non dh build. So to me thats a waste anyway. If i buy a new frame for next year.. ill most likely get the new Mondraker.. which like Treks etc are easily built in the 15’s.

Future plans? Probably losing 10kg of the beer belly to be able to put those extra pedal strokes in where it counts!
And i just realised on the weekend i still have the seat post uncut at 400mm haha

Very nice.

Tomshak

Likes Dirt
Good effort on the Orange.

The frames look so bulky and as if they weigh a tonne but you have proved that wrong :D