Sola Sport ?

T.3

Likes Dirt
Just keep onto them via calls and email. Unfortunately it seems by my and many mores experience thats the only way to get a result. Unfortunately if you sit back and have the audacity to expect a average level of service you get nowhere. Good luck.

Exie

Likes Dirt
Similar experience here, I took forks to my LBS for a service, turned out to be a defect, took 6+ weeks to get them back.

Next time around I'll buy a different brand. It's not about warranty or paying, I would have been happy to pay to get them fixed.

For me the most annoying part of it was that they kept saying "Oh, yeah, we'll get around to it, should be done in the next few days" .... sure as rain, a few days later "Oh, yeah a few more days" ... this went on for weeks.

At the very least, they could manage the expectation, say "We're very busy, it will take 6 weeks, they will be done on the 15th March" etc.

I genuinely hope Fox get a better service outlet, having to chase them constantly and the sense of been un-important and their lax attitude dont represent Fox well at all.

ducky1988

Likes Dirt
Deal with them through work all the time. I have even spoken with the fox Australia manager and informed him that I don't promote or use any fox products due to the terrible service.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Awww Sh!t

Just had to send rear shock in for warranty service this week... wonder if it will be back in time for the Mont :flypig:

Lube

Likes Dirt
Sola are the single worst distributor I have ever had to deal with over the past 12 years, including stints in stores and wholesalers in 3 different countries.

Can never seem to help over the phone, promise to call you back (6 days in a row sometimes...), never call back when they say they will, overt arrogance towards consumers and other mechanics, lack of product knowledge and stock, long turnaround times (comparative to other distributors), inefficient booking and recording systems, regularly charged for warranty returns or problems.... should I go on?

Fox make a great product and I will continue to support them, but take your business elsewhere when it comes to servicing and warranties. On that note, I have never had anything but good dealings when I've been lucky enough to have Blake answer the phone.

The Dude

Wasn't asking to be banned
Totally agree with you, Blake!

Sola are the single worst distributor I have ever had to deal with over the past 12 years, including stints in stores and wholesalers in 3 different countries.

Can never seem to help over the phone, promise to call you back (6 days in a row sometimes...), never call back when they say they will, overt arrogance towards consumers and other mechanics, lack of product knowledge and stock, long turnaround times (comparative to other distributors), inefficient booking and recording systems, regularly charged for warranty returns or problems.... should I go on?

Fox make a great product and I will continue to support them, but take your business elsewhere when it comes to servicing and warranties. On that note, I have never had anything but good dealings when I've been lucky enough to have Blake answer the phone.
I mean, ahhh, random posting person.......

mark22

Likes Dirt
Yeah that would be great if we could take our warranty work somewhere else but Sola sport.

Servicing yes no one in their right mind would bother with them

smr

Likes Bikes
Well, after many phone call from me and the bike shop Sola finally come through. Forks went in, had new lowers replaced and were returned in a week ! Sola would still get a 1 out of 10 for customer service from me, but I have my forked back that work as they should.
A big thanks to YV Cycles for all the phone calls on my behalf and for them putting up with me calling them, 10 out of 10 for their service.
I also emailed Fox in the US outlining my situation and a link to this thread over a week ago, no reply or anything :frusty:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You guys are all way off. These guys make a very strong promise to us all, in bold AND a different colour font on their website. We can all have confidence in their commitment to grow their business "through the very best products and service available today."

A dark blue font people! Cut them some slack...

Or, when businesses continually fail to deliver customer service and their actions border (like these guys seem to) on failing to meet their legal requirements call up the relevant consumer affairs agency. You may not get the immediate party outcome that you want, but the business should eventually get sick of having to jump through hoops and hopefully improve their reputation.

Hopefully...

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Well, after many phone call from me and the bike shop Sola finally come through. Forks went in, had new lowers replaced and were returned in a week ! Sola would still get a 1 out of 10 for customer service from me, but I have my forked back that work as they should.
A big thanks to YV Cycles for all the phone calls on my behalf and for them putting up with me calling them, 10 out of 10 for their service.
I also emailed Fox in the US outlining my situation and a link to this thread over a week ago, no reply or anything :frusty:
The corporate world meets social media. It's a cluster fuck, great watching from outside of the loop

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Just had to send rear shock in for warranty service this week... wonder if it will be back in time for the Mont :flypig:
Holy shit balls Sola are fucking useless

Sola Sport "Yeah I know it's here, and I know you have been waiting for it and it been a while now and yeah you know reason..."

LBS "Fucking get it done I want it back by Friday"

Jesus Christ useless bunch of C&*ts!!!

4 & 1/2 weeks and counting

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Holy shit balls Sola are fucking useless

Sola Sport "Yeah I know it's here, and I know you have been waiting for it and it been a while now and yeah you know reason..."

LBS "Fucking get it done I want it back by Friday"

Jesus Christ useless bunch of C&*ts!!!

4 & 1/2 weeks and counting
My local hit the roof and shouted profanities at them once about my fork that had been sent away ... Fork came back quick enough, as a box of unrepaired parts.

mark22

Likes Dirt

I did the same thing, might be worthwhile doing this guys if you want some sort of change in service.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
So after 6 weeks Sola have finally got around to looking at the shock and realised they have no fucken clue what they are doing.
It's off a 2017 Top Fuel and was designed by Penske Racing in-conjunction with Fox for Trek...
There are now emails/ phonecalls between Sola/ Trek Australia/ Trek USA because no one knows what the fuck to do or how to service it......:frusty:

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Keeps getting worse at Sola every month.... Ordered a damper 2 weeks ago, still hasn't turned up. Just one part, that's it.

This is ruining Fox in Australia. Fox needs to swap distros or at least help Sola out.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
So it keeps dragging on...
After my LBS ringing up Sola every other day they got a call for Fox Australia (Who I didn't know existed..) trying to get a handle on what was happening. Long story short there are three faults with the shock but there are no spare parts in the country until the end of April... at which point my shop lost it with them and said that the shock has been with Sola going on 7-8 weeks and another 6 weeks to repair the shock was completely fucked and unacceptable given the time its taken to be even looked at. The bloke from Fox promised a replacement shock or similar by tomorrow... we will see.

If this isn't resolved by tomorrow I'm going to be pulling all the Fox components off the bike (fork, dropper, and shock once it is eventually fixed) and replacing them with Rockshox because I've had enough of this bullshit.