NSW SOLD. 2008 Iron Horse Sunday Medium $770. Boxed, ship anywhere in Aus. Spares.

T-Rex

Template denier
So I had this sold on eBbay, boxed it up do ship it to Perth, and the guy who won the auction didn't pay...... So here we go again....

Here we have the ideal seller (from a buyer's point of view) if you are looking for a used downhill bike to get started in the sport..

Middle aged, slow, and scared of jumps, I'm retiring from downhill and offering for sale my lightly used Medium 2008 Sunday Expert.

This bike has had two outings in the the last three years. Prior to that, it was raced (if you could call my attempts at rolling down a track "racing") for about three seasons in State and the occasional National round. I very rarely trained.

So, in spite of it's age, this bike hasn't been ridden that much. And it's pretty well set up for someone wanting to get started in DH without spending a lot of money.

Spec:

Code 5 brakes, X7 short cage, 11-23 cassette, E-13 SRS chain device, Boxxer Teams, Marzocchi Roco, Minion STs, Answer DM adjustable stem, Funn 785mm bars, ODI Troy Lee grips. Your choice of flats or DX SPDs.

Other important stuff:

Given it's been sitting around so long, I've just given it a service, including fork lowers, fresh tyres, wheel true and tension, new rear rim, and a brake bleed. It's also had a new DW link fitted a couple of years back, so the rear triangle is tight. The pivot bearings are all good, and the BB has only had one outing.

Frame is a 17" = medium. Need to get rid of some spares as well - see below.

Spares:

The following spares are included:

New:

1 x derailleur hanger
1 x bottom bracket
1 x seal kit for the forks
1 x tube

Used:

3 tyres with plenty of life. Minion STs.
1 x 8" Rotor (bike is fitted with a 6" rear rotor)
1 x 8' adaptor to suit above
1 x tube
Two jerseys

I'm happy to box the bike and sent it anywhere in Australia, at the buyers cost. I can provide an estimated cost upon request. I have shipped a couple of bikes in the past, and have a lot of experience packing bikes for flying.

The winning bid on eBay was $810, with four different bidders between $750 and $800.

Attachments

Last edited:

T-Rex

Template denier
Big Rex...how tall are you? What do you think the smallest rider size for this frame would be?
I'm 5' 9", T-Rex Junior is now 5 7" and is pretty comfortable on it, I'd say any smaller that about 5 ' 5" and your rider might be better off on a small, unless he/she is about to hit a growth spurt.