NSW SOLD 2013 Rockshox SiD XX World Cup 29" 100mm

Quency

Likes Dirt
Item: 2013 Rockshox SiD XX World Cup 29" 100mm travel suspension fork
Item Condition: Visually Good, Mechanically ok. worn stanchion on air side
Reason for selling: Stanchion worn - See extra info. Replaced with 2016 Fox 32s
Price and price conditions: $250 pick up. Not really sure if there will be a market for these or not. feel free to make an offer
Extra Info: Air side bushing has worn causing wear and scoring of the stanchion within the fork lowers. externally can be seen at the dust seal on the air side. see photo below. replacement cost of the crown steerer unit is prohibitive of replacement in addition to new bushings and service.
Still function well with some minor reduction in small bump compliance. prolonged use will result in further wear. lockout function is A1
General Info:
29"
15mm axle
100mm travel
1.5" tapered steerer. Steerer length just over 200mm (see photo)
51mm offset/rake - Off a trek 29er with G2 geometry
Carbon Crown steerer unit
remote lockout
Any questions or if I missed any critical info, let me know

Attachments

Last edited:

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do you think new wiper seals would solve the problem? Is it just the top coating taken off the stanchion?

Quency

Likes Dirt
Do you think new wiper seals would solve the problem? Is it just the top coating taken off the stanchion?
Put new seals in at the last service (when I discovered the problem). Does help them perform closer to factory performance but the benefits don't last as long as they should.
Not just the top coat. has scored the stanchion material below. noticeable ridges can be felt

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
If someone else wants/needs the lowers (QR to 15mm conversion perhaps?) I'll buy the damper cartridge/lockout off you.

Quency

Likes Dirt
If someone else wants/needs the lowers (QR to 15mm conversion perhaps?) I'll buy the damper cartridge/lockout off you.
No problems. I'll keep that in mind as things progress.
If nothing happens in the next week or so I'd be happy to receive an offer for the cartridge and lockout or the complete forks for you to part out yourself.