NSW SOLD 2014 Boxxer RC

sketchylanding

Likes Bikes
Item: 2014/2011 Boxxer RC
Item Condition: Brand new, never used internals, used but GC WC externals
Reason for selling: not needed
Price and price conditions: $400
Extra Info: The stanchions and lowers are from a 2011 WC. The RC came on a new bike. I wanted the WC but in black to match the bike, therefore swapped out the parts. Lowers have a scratch where shown. Stanchions are in excellent condition with only minor marks where the triple crowns have clamped. Come with a brand new, still wrapped drop crown. Steerer length 185
Pictures:

Attachments

Last edited:

sketchylanding

Likes Bikes
So world cup body, rc insides? Can you post a close up of the crown rub please?
Lower crown slid up - nothing noticeable under it. You can see the slight marks under upper crown clamp. The WC was purchased in late 2013 as new-old-stock so has had barely a couple of years of old man riding. Hope that helps.
IMAG0544.jpgIMAG0543.jpg
IMAG0542.jpgIMAG0541.jpg

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Thanks for the photos. Is that ding in the steerer or an unfortunately placed grease mark? I'm viewing on the phone and it is a little unclear when I zoom in.

sketchylanding

Likes Bikes
Thanks for the photos. Is that ding in the steerer or an unfortunately placed grease mark? I'm viewing on the phone and it is a little unclear when I zoom in.
Sorry about delay in reply. It is a witness mark but in one section there is a slight depression you can feel with your finger. I will try and polish the black out so you can get a better look.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Sorry about delay in reply. It is a witness mark but in one section there is a slight depression you can feel with your finger. I will try and polish the black out so you can get a better look.
Cheers. What do you mean by witness mark? Is this slight depression going to impact strength?

sketchylanding

Likes Bikes
Cheers. What do you mean by witness mark? Is this slight depression going to impact strength?
Witness mark is simply a visible mark where bearing has been sitting. It has rubbed a bit of grease into anodising. Measured the depression at 0.04 - 0.06mm deep. This is not uncommon as bearing races are hardened steel acting on aluminium. I honestly don't think it will impact strength as it is smooth and shallow and consequently should not act as a stress raiser. Here is a pic below that tries to show it a bit better. As a matter of interest (and you may know this) the dimpling is from shot peening (also done to handlebars). This induces compressive stress into the surface meaning you need to bend the thing more before the more critical tensile stress does its stuff. Fun fact of the day
IMAG0547.jpg