AM Sold Banshee Spitfire Build

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Monday Brown box day arrives again ( still awaiting on frame, but thats a whole new story)

CRC have stuffed up the icetech disks.
I ordered 180mm front/Back and i got a 203/180

Bigger then i wanted but i might just run it anyways

I can also see myself chopping the bars down to 760mm already.
I would take too many trees down with 780mm where i ride.(i run 740mm enves)
what size thomson top cap is that? looks like 1.5" to me...

mitchy_

Llama calmer
certainly looks bigger than the spacers next to it. unless he bought 1.125 top cap and 1" spacers lol
1.125" thomson top cap has the laser etching to the outside, 1.5" has it in the same spot which is about the middle.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mate, you leave those bars alone!
Big bars for a big bike.

Or at least do what I do and buy another set so these can sit at home unused!

JASER

Likes Dirt
Nerdbox you are right.......I going to man up and keep the 203:cheer2::cheer2:

So got this beauty today.

I had one on my Specialized Fat Sl@g i sold to fund this project.
So its only right i honour the Fatty!

Attachments

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Nerdbox you are right.......I going to man up and keep the 203:cheer2::cheer2:

So got this beauty today.

I had one on my Specialized Fat Sl@g i sold to fund this project.
So its only right i honour the Fatty!
Any update?

JASER

Likes Dirt
Yeah been let down with delivery of the frame!

Also communication has been all one sided. I have had to chase all questions with supplier(being kept informed would of easied the blow).

Long story short, I was told 2 weeks max.

That was 5 weeks ago!
Expecting it weekend or Monday at the very latest else I shall be throwing toys out of pram!

Frame was fully paid for 5 weeks ago!

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast

Also communication has been all one sided. I have had to chase all questions with supplier(being kept informed would of easied the blow).

That was 5 weeks ago!
Expecting it weekend or Monday at the very latest else I shall be throwing toys out of pram!

This surprises me. Stu was excellent to deal with when I bought my Paradox frame from him.
Unless he's having importation issues (which would likely be out of his control) ?

What is his excuse for being late?

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mate, it's not too early to start losing your composure. After waiting twice as long as planned / advised, and with decidedly one sided communication I'd be lining up my pitchforks and getting them set for burning.

If he's got no valid excuse for delay then maybe consider a different bike? (heresy, I know!)
It's difficult though, as you've gone and waited this long, another few days / week isn't that long in the grand scheme of things.
Damned annoying having to chase them....

stu44

Farkin Advertiser
Mate, it's not too early to start losing your composure. After waiting twice as long as planned / advised, and with decidedly one sided communication I'd be lining up my pitchforks and getting them set for burning.

If he's got no valid excuse for delay then maybe consider a different bike? (heresy, I know!)
It's difficult though, as you've gone and waited this long, another few days / week isn't that long in the grand scheme of things.
Damned annoying having to chase them....
Hey guys, Stu here, i dont come here much but just saw this, yes, this shipment has ran damn late, which is an anomaly, to be clear, we have offered full refund numerous times due to the delay, which is out of our control, we are making every effort thats in our control to get these things here so everyone can shred for the summer.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
Hey guys, Stu here, i dont come here much but just saw this, yes, this shipment has ran damn late, which is an anomaly, to be clear, we have offered full refund numerous times due to the delay, which is out of our control, we are making every effort thats in our control to get these things here so everyone can shred for the summer.
Good man Stu, sometimes things (like relying on other people and processes) can be frustrating and leads to unhappy people down the line.
Full disclosure and both sides of the story need to be seen before passing judgement.

I'm sure this will get cleared up by the OP.

stu44

Farkin Advertiser
Good man Stu, sometimes things (like relying on other people and processes) can be frustrating and leads to unhappy people down the line.
Full disclosure and both sides of the story need to be seen before passing judgement.

OP has every right to be pissed, we were wrong in our quoted time frame at the end of the day.

And yes, communication should have been better from us especially in this case, we will learn from it.

JASER

Likes Dirt

I don't need to clear anything up thank you.

I didn't bad mouth Stu(I didn't even mention his name/company)
I have $4k of parks laying around for a spitfire build, so refund won't help now.

I'm not in the game of importing bikes, im just the buyer.

So I shouldn't have the stresses.

Anyways I'm sure all will be good.

Move along nothing to see ;-)

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast

That was 5 weeks ago!

I don't need to clear anything up thank you.

I didn't bad mouth Stu(I didn't even mention his name/company)
I have $4k of parks laying around for a spitfire build, so refund won't help now.

I'm not in the game of importing bikes, im just the buyer.

So I shouldn't have the stresses.

Anyways I'm sure all will be good.

Move along nothing to see ;-)

Bit of a shitty attitude there good buddy...

I never implied you bad mouthed anyone. (even tho you clearly did...see....just up there ^^^)
You did in fact post that you bought the frame from Defcon in your very first post in this thread... so you did actually mention the company.

I asked you a simple question to clear up the reason for the late frame. That is what you need to clear up.
If waiting for a frame for a mountain bike for 5 or 6 weeks stresses you out, you've got a long and tough life ahead.

As a buyer of a boutique frame, you should have the smarts to realize that these may not be off the shelf, and sometimes shit happens, things are late, people let the importer down, the customs dude goes on holidays.....

And as for $4k worth of parts, you must be hiding the box with the carbon wheels and XTR Di2 under the stairs!

Peace out :peace:

JASER

Likes Dirt
Stop being a little shit stirer hey buddy and move along.

You are making this worse for all parties by banging on about it.

I know it will be ace when it turns up.
In the mean time I can be sad about not being able to ride my Rad spitfire, but I'm all good in reality.

JASER

Likes Dirt
I'm all for history
But can a mod please delete all the posts that have been stirred up about the frame please.

Unnecessary adverstising I feel Stu don't deserve.

Just yet anyways ;-)

So please delete back a few posts