VIC *SOLD* Cotic Solaris Steel 29" Trail Bike

WILLY

Likes Dirt
Item: Cotic Solaris 29" Mountain Bike in Medium Size

Item Condition: Excellent. The entire bike and every component is in 100% functional working order. No crash damage, no dints or cracks in the frame. Wheels spinning 100% true, with no buckles, flat spots or broken spokes. Tyre wear at 90%, and brake pad wear at 80%. Some scuffs and the usual cable rub marks, though protective stickers have been used to keep it looking schmick.

Reason for selling: Totally blew my budget on a new XC race bike.

Price and price conditions: $2200 for the complete bike.

Pictures: Attached below

Extra Info: This is a Cotic Solaris steel 29er hardtail that has quite possibly been the most fun bike I have ever owned. Unfortunately due to my greedy new purchase, I need to part with the Smurf in order to pay off the new rig and make room. I do love this bike a lot, but it's time for someone else to enjoy it. Compared to other 29ers on the market, the Solaris is built for pure fun on the trails. It sits low to the ground, it's got a short back end, and a slack head angle that makes it an absolute joy to ride on singletrack at speed. It can fit fat rubber to help deliver a bit more traction and cushioning, and you can run up to 120mm travel on the fork. Being my pride and joy, I've kept this bike in very good condition, with various cable rub stickers applied to keep the bike looking mint. There are the usual scratches, scuffs and rub marks, but these are only aesthetic. Otherwise everything is running in tip-top condition thanks to the bike being frequently cleaned and serviced. Brakes have recently been bled and are feeling rock solid. It could probably do with a fresh gear cable in the near future, but that's about it.

Frame Specifications:

- Large diameter, thinwall, air hardening Reynolds 853 steel front triangle with signature Ovalform top tube and new gussetless DZB down tube.
- 44mm standard head tube designed with external bottom cup for taper steerer compatiblity and zero stack top cup for minimal stack height.
- Oversized 35mm seat tube gives great precision to the ride.
- 31.6mm seatpost size is dropper seatpost compatible and the frame has hose clips for the remote under the top tube.
- Signature Cotic 4130 cromo wishbone stay rear end. Bridge-less S-bend chainstays with Cotic Hexten gussets for improved fatigue life.
- Clearance for big tyres - 2.4" Maxxis Ardents fit fine.
- Designed for 100-120mm travel forks
- Cotic 29er geometry uses long top tube (10mm longer reach than the 26" bikes), short stem set up (60-90mm stems recommended) maintains good weight distribution for great handling.

Frame geometry:

- Size: Medium
- 68.7 degree head angle (measured)
- 23.5" Effective Top Tube length
- 435mm chainstay length
- Suited to riders between 5'8" and 6'0"

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Gotta be fucking kidding me.

Where was this two months back when I had the budget??!!

:mad2::mad2::mad2:

..., just put the same bar/stem combo on my AM ride too. Very nice.

Last edited: