VIC SOLD FS: XT M-785 brakes front and rear

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Item: Shimano XT M-785 brakes, front and rear
Location: Melbourne. Pickup either in the CBD during work hours or Pascoe Vale after hours. Can post
Item Condition: Rooly good. 75Km on them in 2 rides, so as new.
Reason for selling: Changed to a different brakeset
Price and price conditions: $200 and you can have the receipt from the Essendon bike store I bought them from
Extra Info: Hoses are cut.... 820mm front, 1400mm rear. Important: the rear is a 785B meaning it's i-Spec B. The front is i-Spec A

Pictures: 20140622_103856.jpg
20140622_103929.jpg

Last edited:

kbekus

Likes Dirt
it's the name Shimano uses for the system of attaching the shifter to the brake clamp so you only have the 1 clamp on the bars. The first generation was i-Spec A but there were reports apparently of the little locating pin on the shifter breaking off, so they came out this year with i-Spec B which does away with the locating pin. There's an image somewhere on the net that shows the compatibility matrix - here http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/difference-between-shimano-i-spec-types-a-and-b. Old brakes (A) can take A or B shifters, new brakes (B) can only take B shifters.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
I bought them at the same time but they didn't have an i-Spec A for the left... I was impatient so took an i-Spec B.... however I had i-Spec A shifters so took the B left in the hope that I'd work out a solution in time. That solution ended up being the purchase of a new brakeset with both clamps being A.

So if you won't mount your shifters onto the brake clamps this won't be an issue for you.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Also not a problem if you run 1x9/10/11 :) The brakes are great, in near new condition. It's only if you want to hook up both your left and right Shimano shifters you'll have an issue.