NSW SOLD Giant trance X1 duallie 26'

JEBBS

Likes Dirt
Thanks for looking

Item: 2009 Giant Trance X1 Large 26'
Item Condition: Used
Reason for selling: gone 27.5
Price and price conditions: Sold
Extra Info: Dent in right rear triangle (has been there for the last three years and no effect on riding)
RP23 shock will need full overhaul (eye to Eye 184mm)
Seatpost (raceFace) and BB (XT) come with Sale
Might even have front derailleur for it if price is right
Pictures: yep

Attachments

Last edited:

macca_1972

Likes Dirt
If you don't get any takers and are prepared to split, let me know.

Would be interested in the shock, hanger and some pivot bolts. I'm in Brisbane, so I don't think postage of the entire frame would be worthwhile.

Cheers,
Matt

JEBBS

Likes Dirt
frame

Hi Macca, if no one else pops up then I am sure we can work something out.

Seems such a shame to take a working frame to the recycler afterwards

Anyone need a 26" frame, open to offers

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Hey mate, I've got a friend down here that would possibly work for. Is that tapered or straight steerer? And does it come with a headset?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

JEBBS

Likes Dirt
frame

It is a straight steerer,
Bottom bearing is in and should be able to locate top bearing and cover. Not supremely sure about crown race though

Over to you :)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
No problemo, most of his current kit will transfer over then.

I'll chase him up and see how we go.

macca_1972

Likes Dirt
Hey mate, I've got a friend down here that would possibly work for. Is that tapered or straight steerer? And does it come with a headset?

Being ZS44mm head tubes, you can fit a suitable external lower bearing cup to these frames and use a tapered fork. I just did it to mine which is the exact same frame ('08 X2). If Jebbs can't find the top race/bearing, the bottom one could then just be transferred to the top instead.

Seems such a shame to take a working frame to the recycler afterwards
I agree, I still love mine! Even if 26" is considered old hat these days.....

Last edited:

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Nice, I was also thinking along the same lines. I have a couple of sets of tapered forks here that'd go great on that frame, much better than his current ones. I'll kick his butt along a bit ;-)

JEBBS

Likes Dirt
Frame

Interesting indeed.
Have located top bearing, insert and headset cover.
Will provide with top and bottom bearings, if you get the bottom sorted for Larger bearing will be really interested to hear feedback.

moorey

call me Mia
Glad yours worked Macca, but not all these giant 44mm frames take all tapered forks. The headtube narrows in the middle, and some forks tapering starts a little higher apparently, and won't fit it.
Best of luck Dale.

macca_1972

Likes Dirt
Glad yours worked Macca, but not all these giant 44mm frames take all tapered forks. The headtube narrows in the middle, and some forks tapering starts a little higher apparently, and won't fit it.
Best of luck Dale.
Wow that's interesting, I figured that the taper 'profile' (for want of a better word) was universal regardless of fork but seems that not necessarily the case. Before going ahead I had read about plenty of instances where people had done what I have done, so wasn't expecting it not to fit! Guess I got somewhat lucky as well. For reference, I used a Fox Float 32.

Nice, I was also thinking along the same lines. I have a couple of sets of tapered forks here that'd go great on that frame, much better than his current ones. I'll kick his butt along a bit ;-)
Just something to be aware of, these frames need a very long fork steerer (220mm +) in order to work. The headtubes on these frames are massively long, compared to more modern (and especially carbon) ones.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Wow that's interesting, I figured that the taper 'profile' (for want of a better word) was universal regardless of fork but seems that not necessarily the case. Before going ahead I had read about plenty of instances where people had done what I have done, so wasn't expecting it not to fit! Guess I got somewhat lucky as well. For reference, I used a Fox Float 32.

Just something to be aware of, these frames need a very long fork steerer (220mm +) in order to work. The headtubes on these frames are massively long, compared to more modern (and especially carbon) ones.
I'm only parroting what I remember reading when a mate was contemplating it. He has slightly newer trance. Went straight steerer in the end...and yes, bloody long.....210 minimum from memory.

JEBBS

Likes Dirt
Frame

Hi guys
Head tube length is 147mm
Photos attached of head tube to help you make an informed decision before proceeding

Hope it helps, let me know if you want more photos or details

Attachments

JEBBS

Likes Dirt
frame

Hi All
With bottom cup in, tapered forks would only go so far (image attached)
With bottom cup removed (internal Cup) then forks go all the way (second image shows forks slight out to show the internal gap)

thanks for all the additional info guys

Attachments

JEBBS

Likes Dirt
frame

Shout to out to a good mate who lent me the forks, given me ideas although I am trying to raise funds for another purchase (pike forks for my 650B)

Money comes in one hand and goes out the other to fund the habit (bikes that is) :)

moorey

call me Mia
Are they carbon steerer forks? Looking a little damaged.

Was there enough gap to accommodate the thickness of headset cups? The other issue I just remember encountering while trying to fit tapered to a local kids bike how shallow the insertion of the cups was...like 5mm...I would have either had to cut the cups or reem out the head tube to get regular cups in.

JEBBS

Likes Dirt
Frame

They are an older Fox Talas, not carbon that is for sure.

Cup size and insertion, that is something I don't have access to. If you are local and have these items your more than welcome to drop by and try.

Would just like to find a new home for the frame, I have another Rotorburner interested via PM's so if no-one wants to commit then he is keen. ( you guys were on first so have first dibs )

Happy help assist with details to the best of my ability and equipment at my disposal

moorey

call me Mia
They are an older Fox Talas, not carbon that is for sure.

Cup size and insertion, that is something I don't have access to. If you are local and have these items your more than welcome to drop by and try.

Would just like to find a new home for the frame, I have another Rotorburner interested via PM's so if no-one wants to commit then he is keen. ( you guys were on first so have first dibs )

Happy help assist with details to the best of my ability and equipment at my disposal
Cool. Not trying to torpedo your sale, just interested. If bottom Cup is still out, you'll see how much insertion the headtube has. It should be stepped in slightly (for Cup to press into)...how far that steps is your insertion. Most bikes have 10-15mm. The giant (talon) in was dealing with had 5mm, and very small cups. Talon isn't a trance isn't a talon.

JEBBS

Likes Dirt
Frame

Hi Moorey, all good.
Happy to get all the interest especially when it helps make the correct decision from all the correct facts.

I will measure in the morning and post it up

Off to sleep now, up early for a mtb before work