VIC SOLD Merida Ninety-Nine Team, Carbon 26". SMALL size: 16"

Warwick

Likes Dirt
Item: From sometime around 2013 maybe. Super plush, lightweight, fast duallie. 2 x 10. 100 mm travel both ends from memory. Black Maxxis tyres or these white Schwalbe's. Whatever you prefer.

Item Condition: Used
Reason for selling: I have 7 others, and prefer riding my hardtail. Havent used this for YEARS, and I was made redundant!

Price and price conditions: $1300

Extra Info: Pretty much as per the Standard specs. XX Cranks, XX shifters and cogs, (I think) Alex rims, with DT 240 hubs, XR Carbon rear shock, Selle Italia SLR saddle. I fitted a Mega lightweight DT swiss XRC100 (single shot) front fork - which now needs a service and probably requires replacement (of lowers). From memory this fork maybe weighs 1200 or 1300 grams. This is the nicest, most comfy fork I have ever used by a long way. Service it, but dont put some shitty Rockshok or Fox on. Bit of flex, but they are good! I ran the tyres as tubeless, but the goo has dried up and I didnt have any Stans to reseal it, so I put tubes in. Bike is for Tapered Forks, but I have straight forks in it with an adaptor. No grief. Just like a bought one! Handlebars are 25.4mm old style but Easton Carbon EC just the same with Fluid lock-on grips. Carbon PRC Seatpost.
Gear-change is nice, and so is the 2 x 10. Probably nicer than 1 x 11 or 1 x 12, I feel. 180mm centrelock discs at front, and 160's at rear. I fitted an FSA Head Block headset, which stops the bars doing 180's or worse in a crash.

What's not right? Obviously it's been used, and has wear and tear commensurate with age. There was a design fault from new, and the cable for the rear shock lockout causes a small, non-critical rub hole in the lower frame. I covered it with 3M protector. Nothing to worry about now. One of the XTR pedals needs a new spindle; and I swapped one of the XX brake levers for a MagCR lever at some point years ago for a reason that made sense at the time. . Probably need to bleed both brakes. A little bit of effort and money and you will have a pretty special bike.
Pictures:

Attachments

Last edited: