C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
Item: Cannondale SuperX Custom build
Item Condition: Mint
Reason for selling: Surplus. Culling the fleet
Price and price conditions: $2900 ono
Extra Info: Buyer pays freight, the usual
Pictures: yessir
Up for sale is my Cannondale SuperX cyclocross bike. If you know bikes you know that this thing is an absolute weapon. I've built it up with the best parts going. I am selling as I am returning to university next year and will be downgrading my bike fleet. The frame is brand new (only had about 5 rides), it has never been off road (I intended to race it this winter, but a broken collar bone and overseas travel meant I never got around to it). This would suit a new buyer.

The specs are as follows:

Frameset: Cannondale SuperX 54cm (Will suit you if you ride a 56cm Cannondale road bike. I am 182cm and it fits perfectly)
Shifters/Derailleurs/Chain/Cassette: Shimano Dura Ace 7900
Crankset/BB: Cannondale Hollowgram SiSL with compact spider and 46/34 FSA chainrings ($1200rrp alone)
Brakes: Shimano cx70 cantilevers (These work better then the highly praised TRP mini-V brakes I had on it before)
Wheelset: DT swiss rr1450 mon chasseral (1450grams, ~$1300 wheelset)
Tyres: Currently setup with Continental GP4000s road tyres for winter road riding.
Seatpost/Stem: Thomson elite
Handlebar: Enve Composites 44cm

I am willing to have the bike packed and arrange shipping at your expense. You are also welcome to arrange your own freight and insurance.

The bike is located in Adelaide and is available for inspection.

I will accept cash and direct deposit payments. Paypal payments will be subject to a 2.4% surcharge to cover fees. I'll keep it brief, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Item listed elsewhere etc.

Last edited:

C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
Also happy to split this, if there is interest. As a guide, I would be looking for:

Frameset: $1600
Cranks: $450
Wheels: $400
Running gear: $400
ENVE handlebars:$300
Stem, seatpost: $60 each
Saddle: $50

PM expressions of interest.

craigdunlop87 (at) yahoo.com.au

Last edited:

C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
Bump it up yo!
I have an offer pending on the running gear (shifters, mechs, chain, cassette), and I am partial to hang on to the (very nice) wheels and controls.

I am therefore opening this up to splits. If you have a spare groupset or wheelset laying around, this is a chance to build up a top-notch cx bike for cheap.

However, the bike is still available for purchase as a complete for the next week or two.

Last edited:

C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
Drivetrain and saddle are now spoken for.

Frameset, brakes, hollowgrams, wheels and bar, stem, seatpost are all still available in any combination you want them.

These are the prices.

Frameset (w/fork, headset, cable hangers) $1600
Cranks: (including tools and chainrings) $450
Seatpost: 27.2 x 410mm uncut Thomson elite: $60
Stem 110mm -10* Thomson Elite X2 $60
Handlebars Enve Composites 44cm Deep drop $300
Wheels DT swiss 240s hubs, aerolite spokes, rr415 (front 28h) rr465 (rear 32h): $450
Brakes Shimano cx70 (including all mounting hardware) $40

If you want the frame you'll get the other bits for less.

You are therefore free to put 11-speed stuff on, or turn it into a bling'n single speed cx bike (easily sub 7kg I reckon), be a wanker and run campy, or build up a sweet frame into a really nice complete if you have a groupset around home collecting dust.

Cheers.

Last edited:

C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
Price drops.

Frameset (w/fork, headset, cable hangers) $1600 ======>$1400
Cranks: (including tools and chainrings) $450 ======>$350
Seatpost: 27.2 x 410mm uncut Thomson elite: $60
Stem 110mm -10* Thomson Elite X2 $60
Handlebars Enve Composites 44cm Deep drop $300 ======>$250 Only for sale with frame, have some FSA bars you can have for free if you buy the frame.
Wheels DT swiss 240s hubs, aerolite spokes, rr415 (front 28h) rr465 (rear 32h): $450 ======>$SOLD
Brakes Shimano cx70 (including all mounting hardware) $40 ======>SOLD

Last edited: