QLD SOLD Please remove

Patchers

Likes Bikes
Item: 2012 Cannondale Jekyll 4 (Small)

Item Condition: Has had no more then 20 hours riding time, unfortunately that included one OTB which has left a ding on the downtube and some scratches on the brake levers (pics included). Everything in perfect operational order as you'd expect from a bike garaged for a year.

Reason for selling: Bought for younger sibling but was too much bike for what he liked to ride.

Price and price conditions: Price drop from $2000 to $1750 to $1600, excluding postage.

Extra Info: This bike is a serious contender for anyone looking for an AM ride. At the heart of this bike is the same shock and frame geo which Jerome Clementz uses to win Enduros everywhere. What they say in the reviews and ads about this bike having a dual personality is actually pretty spot on. In elevate mode, you not only reduce rear travel to 90mm, but the sag reduces to around 15% (tuneable like all air shocks) and the dampening curve becomes that of an XC shock. What this means is that at the flick of a switch you feel the rear stiffen up and your pedalling platform changes completely. In flow mode you not only get your full 150mm travel and 30% sag (also tuneable), but also a dampening circuit that is supple on the small stuff and really smooth on the big hits just like a DH rig.

They actually don't sell this shock with the 2013 Jekyll 4 anymore, probably because it makes the performance difference between the Jekyll 3 and 4 too narrow. There are only component chances between 2012 models and 2013 models. For what this bike can do and at this price point, you really can't go wrong. RRP when I got it at the start of 2013 was $3999 and street price was around $3000.

Components, geo etc:
http://www.cannondale.com/aus/2012/bikes/mountain/overmountain/jekyll-alloy/2012-jekyll-4-21360

Reviews:
http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Cannondale-Jekyll-4--Tested.html

If you're afraid of dealing with the headaches of a Fox shock, the DYAD has been around for a few years now and has proved to be a set and forget shock.

Bike is completely stock except for WTB Pure V saddle. Includes Cannondale shock pump for the DYAD shock.

Pictures:
DSC_8429.jpg
DSC_8433.jpg
DSC_8432.jpg
DSC_8438.jpg
DSC_8437.jpg
DSC_8436.jpg
DSC_8434.jpg
DSC_8431.jpg

Last edited:

Patchers

Likes Bikes
Definitely not as much interest as I thought they'd be so down goes the price!

Open to posting on buyer's expense.

Also looking for a 150mm, air sprung, 15QR, tapered fork with min 210mm steerer which I'm happy to bring the price down as part of the sale.

Patchers

Likes Bikes
Buyer didn't get back to me.

This bike is still for sale! Price is still at $1750 but I can be convinced otherwise ;)

Bike size is Small.