ACT SOLD - Roval Carbon 29" Traverse SL 142+ Wheelset

adrian.gab

Likes Dirt
Roval Carbon 29" Traverse SL 142+ Wheelset

Carbon rims. What more needs to be said. Light, super stiff, strong, fast, zippy, quick acceleration. This wheelset made a massive difference on my bike. These wheels are light enough for XC but strong enough and designed for Trail / Enduro / AM. These rims have the modern hookless bead construction for a lighter and stronger rim. I found the reduction in rotational weight instantly noticeable and found them to be super stiff and have a very precise steering feeling to them. They come setup for tubeless.

Price: $700. Priced for quick sell. I paid $1650 for these brand new.
Condition: Purchased brand new in Feb 2014. Excellent overall condition. Front wheel is in excellent condition, close to new. Rear is also in excellent condition but has a few minor cosmetic scratches, nothing passed the clear coat. I have high resolution photos for those interested. Both wheels are perfectly straight and true.
Warranty: 3 years, expires Feb 2017. Contact me for details on how this applies to you.
Reason for selling: I'd like to try the 2015 Fattie SLs.
Other details:
- Trail / Enduro / All Mountain performance focused wheelset
- Weight: 1,640g combined weight, including rim tape. 790g front, 850g rear.
- Hubs: Roval hubs, rear is a DT Swiss 240 based hub with 36t quick engagement star ratchet
- Rear hub: 142+ best suited to Specialized frames but may work on others.
- Spokes: DT Swiss Super Comp Straight pull spokes
- QR 15mm thru-axle front hub
- QR 12 x 142mm thru-axle rear hub
- 32 spokes with radial/3-cross front lacing
- 32 spokes with 3-cross rear lacing
- Roval Tubeless Ready valve, with removable core
- Roval Tubeless Ready rim strip
- Front end caps can be changed to suit 20mm through axles.

Tyres, cassette, freehub and rotors are not included. Please confirm these will suit your bike.

DSC_0398.JPG

DSC_0400.JPG

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I had these wheels on my Stumpy. Fucking amazing wheels people! I will attest to their robustness, I've put mine through hell and they are still dead straight, spoke tensions are still even.

GLWS.

Last edited:

JCB

Likes Bikes
I has a need, but not plentiful funds. Let me know if you'd take less to get moving towards fattie goodness.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If only they weren't 142 + - I'm sure, I'm not the only one saying this....GLWS

You might want to let people know if that is an XD driver on the hub as well...

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
If only they weren't 142 + - I'm sure, I'm not the only one saying this....GLWS

You might want to let people know if that is an XD driver on the hub as well...
You are not the only one saying this!
Can the hubs be converted to 142?

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Dunno about convertibility - this might help?

Doubt it.

If you can squeeze the cassette into the frame & the chain doesn't touch when in the little cog...

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dunno about convertibility - this might help?

Doubt it.

If you can squeeze the cassette into the frame & the chain doesn't touch when in the little cog...
Might work with the absolute black set up where you remove the bottom 11 tooth and replace it with the lockring. However I think its an xd driver on the hub looks very much like a sram X1 cassette....