SOLD Scott Genius RC 10 2005 (large) *ANOTHER Price drop*CRAZY Christmas clearout

sly_artichoke

Likes Dirt
Item:*Scott Genius RC 10 2005
Location:Glebe NSW (can freight to other parts of Australia at buyers expense - sorry, no overseas requests please)
Item*Condition: Good to very good (refer extra info below also)
Reason(s)*for*selling: 1. Going overseas at end of year; 2. have not ridden it for 12 months due to other bike purchase; 3. taking up precious room in my bike storage area; 4. wife says "it has to go!" 5. just kidding about 4.
Price*and*price*conditions: $1500 or near offer (this is a $7000 bike new!)
Extra*Info: No splitting
Frame: full scandium, size - large.
Group set: Full XTR dual control
Wheels: Velocity VXC disc on American Classic hubs laced with DT Swiss SS spokes
Brakes: F/R XTR hyraulic disc
Suspension: F - Rock Shox Duke Race with remote lockout. R - Scott Genius RC with remote 3 stage lockout. Both 110mm travel.
Seatpost: Scott RC
Seat: Scott RC titanium rails
Bars: Azonic riser (Scott RC flat available as alternative)
Stem: Scott RC
Headset: Ritchey Fuzzy Logic
Pedals: Shimano M520
Tyres: F - Scott Manx 2.0 light compound R - Specialized Pro Roll-X dual 2.0

This was the top of the line marathon racing machine in its time, and performs exceptionally well for long range racing or for riding your favourite track. I purchased this bike second hand late 2005 and it has had a commendable service history in my hands. I have replaced the following during my ownership and these items are still in very good to near-new condition: rear triangle, all pivot bushings, rear disc brake unit (complete), front and rear brake pads, head set, front and rear rotors, rear tyre. All these items add up to more than the asking price alone. The drivetrain is understandably worn, but changes are still crisp and smooth.
Pictures: See attached. PM me for more. Thanks for your time.

Attachments

Last edited:

CP

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode this bike a few weeks ago and can vouch for its condition. Rode perfectly, the XTR stuff is magic, and I would have snapped it up at the $2175 asking price had it suited my needs at the time (not riding XC, needed an all mountain).