QLD Sold thanks...

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Item: Santa Cruz Nickel - Large - Black It's a 5.5/6 inch trail bike yo!

Contact/Offers via PM please for phone/email

Item Condition: Used but just spent $500 on new rims/spokes/tyres/servicing/grips/cables all new

Reason for selling: Getting a new trail bike!

Price and price conditions: $2,500 (price of the frame and shock alone new). Willing to bargain but say goodbye to exotic parts on a piece-by-piece approach.

Extra Info: Can box and ship - buyer pays - will be <$100. Recently sent bikes to NSW and WA no problems with Couriers Now (thanks to my LBS). The frame has cosmetic marks commensurate with age and use, no dings. The top tube did not like the amount of sweat that the previous owner was generating (looking at you Ron!), so has matt finish. Forks have minor play, I believe it is the bushing, they work perfectly and do not leak air.

The CCDBA is the best shock on earth for this bike - that is not an exaggeration. It is a single pivot (for lyf) and NS Dynamics (previous owners of bike) have dialled this thing for unbelievable performance. I will write down the recommended settings for you so you can play if you desire, then return to something that works!

Pictures: Down below

FRAME: Santa Cruz Nickel, Large, Black
FORK: Rock Shock Revelation XX - carbon CSU, tapered, set at 150mm / 6inch
SHOCK: Cane Creek Double Barrel Air yewwwww longer stroke gives 142mm rear travel (just shy of 6 inch, no interferance, works amazing)
BB: Sram GXP
BRAKES: XO, 180mm (fr) / 160mm (rr)
CHAIN: XO
CHAINWHEEL: E13 the hive 34t
CRANKS: Stylo's
GUIDE: Lopes guide
DERA-R: XO
GRIP: ESI silicon (new)
H/BAR: Renthal flat bar - 760mm
STEM: Thomson 70mm zero degrees
H/SET: Cane Ck w/ CK top cap
HUB-F: Hope Evo Pro2 20mm (can be 15mm or QR w/ adaptors)
HUB-R: Hope Evo Pro2 135mm w/ DT swiss RWS 12mm
PEDAL: XT trail
RIM: Stans Flow rr, mavic 521 front, tubeless, destickered (matching black) 1 test ride from new
SADDLE: Fixik Gobi Kium
SEAT CLAMP: Thomson
SHIFTER: XO
SPOKES: DT Swiss butted
TYRES: 2.35 Schwalbe Hans Damf tubeless fr, 2.25 Maxxis Ardent tubeless rr (amazing combo, 1 test ride from new)
TOTAL BIKE WEIGHT (KG): 13.4kg

Further spiel: As anyone who has watch recent sales will know, I like to crap on about the bike I am selling. So here goes. I had a bit of stint as single-speed-for-lyf last year, and sold my Blur XCc and V10c. They were bling. They are gone. Shorty if you read this thread, sell me that damn v10 back!.

Late last year I had the opportunity to go to Queenstown, mecca for enduro, trail riding, and downhill. That is why I purchased this bike. I didn't have the lead time to buy a new bike and spec it as wanted, so picked up this doggy second hand off Aaron from NS Dynamics. It was perfect, I put new bars/seat/post/tyres on it and boom. Queenstown and the surrounding riding we did on the south island was amazing and this bike is PERFECT for it.

It has a flow on the back and 142mm of CCDBA controlled travel so smacks it like a boss on the downhill trail, with the LSC on the CCDBA looking after bob on the climbing. It is no VPP, but that was the aim of the bike - single pivot magic.

I've happily shuttled this doggy in Queenstown, and rode it 6hrs worth of trails on other days. Various sources, including MTBR tout this bike with the extra stroke CCDBA as the best trail bike that nobody know's about. It's not a lie. I can take it out to Coot-tha, have a ball, Mt Joyce, have a ball etc etc. Could race Megavalanche on it this year, but am getting a 650b to try it out.

So in summary, buy this bike. If you are on a budget, I can work something out with taking a few exotic parts off and replacing with fine performing value parts.​

nickel.jpg

revelation xx.jpg

ccdba.jpg

brakes n grips.jpg

barsnstem thomson.jpg

drivetrain.jpg

evo fr.jpg

evo rr.jpg

thomson clamp.jpg

Last edited:

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will you split for the shock?
Not at this stage Andy - it's integral to how well this thing works. I'll contact you if parting out. Other shocks do the job fine, this thing just takes it next level.

eyes

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sold pending payment this Saturday. I'll close the thread after that. Thanks for all the interest, bike went as whole.