NSW SOLD THE fullface, MET Kaos, ShimanoRoad shoes, Time Xpresso 8

wombat

Lives in a hole
Taking the leftover bits to Ebay, thanks all.

UPDATE: Just the THE full face left, price drop to $60, and it's still brand new!

Time to clean out some stuff that I'm just not using for whatever reason so grab a bargain! Apologies for all the shitty photos, my phone camera is of questionable quality, and the proper camera is....somewhere....

Location for all items: Strathfield after hours, Richmond during work hours (for the next few weeks).
Will post at buyers expense, but the fullface is pretty bulky, not sure on cost.
Happy to hear offers on items, just expect a suitably terse response if you throw out stupid lowballs.

UPDATE: Looks like the five tens and the MET helmet are gone, and I'm going to list the road shoes and pedals elsewhere. Still got the THE fullface though, brand new and just waiting to protect your noggin!

Item: THE Point Five fullface, black/green slant graphic Size XL
Item Condition: BRAND NEW, never ridden in
Reason for selling: Grabbed this with the intention to use it when I did some gravity enduro events, but then I didn't, and can't see myself doing any anytime soon.
Price and price conditions: $80
Extra Info: Really nice looking helmet, my photos don't do it justice at all. XL is a good fit on me at ~61cm
http://www.backbonebmx.com.au/shop/product.php?productid=18883&cat=268&page=1
Pictures:
the1 by shayne r, on Flickr
the2 by shayne r, on Flickr

Item: Five Ten Karver shoes
Item Condition: Very good. Worn only 4 times that I can remember, next to no wear on the sole at all.
Reason for selling: A size too big for me (whoops)
Price and price conditions:
Extra Info: Size 46 / US 12 tough, tonnes of protection and grippier than a gecko with abandonment issues.
Pictures: $60
5101 by shayne r, on Flickr
5102 by shayne r, on Flickr

SALE PENDING
Item: MET Kaos helmet (Large)
Item Condition: Used a couple of dozen times but in good condition, never crashed in (well, never hit anything). Has some slight marks from transport and such, the normal stuff. I'll put a new gel brow pad in it before it goes too so it's nice and fresh.
Reason for selling: Not getting used, as I tend just to wear another helmet that fits my noggin a little better.
Price and price conditions: $50
Extra Info:It's matte grey, I pulled the stickers off this, and painted the greeny plastic bits on the retention system and the buckles black, but it's plastidip so you can peel it off if you prefer, I just liked the plain, stealthy look.

Pictures:
kaos1 by shayne r, on Flickr
kaos2 by shayne r, on Flickr
kaos3 by shayne r, on Flickr

Item: Shimano R191 Road shoes
Item Condition:Used a bit and the normal marks on the sole from walking but very good on the uppers, close to new; save for one of the left heel blocks. I definitely did have a crash wearing these, and part of it involved my skating along with my left leg as an outrigger. As such, the rear tread block has copped some extra wear but I never noticed it walking in them, and definitely not on the bike.
Reason for selling:Looks like the roadie is going back to city commuter duty, so I'll run flats on it.
Price and price conditions: $80
Extra Info:Size 46, full carbon hollow channel soles, super stiff and super sexy in shiny black, wear them to the dancehall!
I also have a set of Time Xpresso carbon pedals with a couple of sets of cleats that I'll be getting rid of soon too, so let me know if you'd like them all as a set.
Pictures:

shimano1 by shayne r, on Flickr

shimano2 by shayne r, on Flickr

shimano3 by shayne r, on Flickr

Item: Time Xpresso 8 carbon road pedals with extra, brand new cleats
Item Condition:Used but in good condition. Typical wear marks on the sole plate but no damage.
Reason for selling:Switching back to flats for commuting
Price and price conditions: $100
Extra Info:You get pedals, the cleats I was using which have some wear on them but still have plenty of life, plus a brand new set of unused cleats as well, you'll be pedalling for ages!
These are a seriously slick pedal, I just weighed them and they come in at 200g for the set. They're a carbon body, cromo spindles, carbon leaf spring and have Time's always-open action which makes them easier to get into than a bluelight disco. They also have notably more float than Shimanos, which was my initial reason for choosing them. They're not speedplay icy, but there's definitely a little more margin for dodgy knees like mine. Black and red matches the sexy shoes above too!
Pictures:
time1 by shayne r, on Flickr
time3 by shayne r, on Flickr
time2 by shayne r, on Flickr

Last edited:

wombat

Lives in a hole
I was keen on the shoes but you never got back to me.

Ah well.
Son of a bitch! (Not you, my damn PMs)

Sorry mate, big apoogies to Dazool and the other guys who PM'd me, looks like I wasn't getting notifications of the new messages and I hadn't seen them at all.

Replies coming right away, and apologies again!

Last edited:

wombat

Lives in a hole
If anyone is interested in the full face, make an offer. It has to go so I'll be moving it to eBay over the weekend.