Sold

charlie141478

Likes Dirt
Hey mate,
This will probs sound like a dumb question but just wanting to double check what year these forks are? Are they 09?

Cheers Josh

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not to hurt your sale but in the interest of other peoples safety those lowers should NOT be ridden on.

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Unfortunate, as I would've been very interested otherwise..
As I mentioned, didn't want to kill the guys sale but thought it only fair to the possible buyer that those cracks aren't too safe. I wouldn't want to put them through too much hard work!

In saying that, if the internals and upper legs are in good knick then you can always get brand new lowers which would include bushings and seals and after that you've got a freshly serviced set of 40's for a decent price.

"Buyer Beware" as they say.

INTENSE DHER

Five cans short of a six pack
As I mentioned, didn't want to kill the guys sale but thought it only fair to the possible buyer that those cracks aren't too safe. I wouldn't want to put them through too much hard work!

In saying that, if the internals and upper legs are in good knick then you can always get brand new lowers which would include bushings and seals and after that you've got a freshly serviced set of 40's for a decent price.

"Buyer Beware" as they say.
man what do you no? stop farkin my ad, no body cares what you think, they can make their own decision they don't need your help, you just want people to spend their money on new fox stuff because you will benefit from it(you’re an importer or sponsored buy fox).
As you can see in the pic's the crack is at a non wait bearing place the fork is 100% rider bal and its at a farkin super low price.

dilstubs

Likes Dirt
i care

man what do you no? stop farkin my ad, no body cares what you think, they can make their own decision they don't need your help, you just want people to spend their money on new fox stuff because you will benefit from it(you’re an importer or sponsored buy fox).
As you can see in the pic's the crack is at a non wait bearing place the fork is 100% rider bal and its at a farkin super low price.
I care.......

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dude, did you actually read my post??

"In saying that, if the internals and upper legs are in good knick then you can always get brand new lowers which would include bushings and seals and after that you've got a freshly serviced set of 40's for a decent price."

Good luck with the sale.

DownhillerDeano

Doesn't want a custom title!
Probably alot more than you. If he does import or get sponsored like you say he would know the product backwards, on what will and wont be good for it. Any crack anywhere is going to effect structual properties, regardless of it being weight bearing or not. It might not happen today, or tomorrow, but failure will result and like he said, buyer beware.

You on the other hand said...

"it will not snap when you do a jump......ec

it does not affect the strength of the 40's as it may sound otherwise, the fork does not need new lowers"

Which is pretty much a guarantee that it is fine, and when it does snap, one could claim false advertising......

My 2c anyway.

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Without you thinking i'm having a go at you, the reason the fork lowers have cracked is because it seems the shim has fallen out and the pinch bolts have been overtightened.

You can actually still see in that bottom photo the bolts have pulled the lowers out of shape.

The shim needs to go between the two meeting areas of the lowers and those bolts need only to be tightened to 2Nm (not very much at all).