VIC Sold!

Juls

Junior Marzocchi Tech
It's a pity they are not Z150 but a Frankenfork.

Z150 Lowers, Possibly uppers. ETA Cartridge from a Z150, but missing the HSCV Cartridge that gives rebound adjustment at the top.

Is there a rebound adjuster on the bottom of one of the legs?

If not then it's just a SSV plunger on the other side and no damping adjustments, maybe if your lucky they have the internally adjustable rebound plunger from a DJ2.

If they where once Z150's someone has stolen the HSCV Cartridge sadly.

If they have a External Rebound adjuster at the bottom, to make a educated Guess, these might have been Z1 Drop Off's with some Z150 Lowers bunged on.

A Z150 Should look like this picture from above, Note the rebound Adjuster on the left.

MZFKFN415_zoom_2.jpg

Juls

Andy.

Likes Bikes
Hey Juls.

Due to having very little experience with fork internals, I'm not sure what you're actually talking about, but based on the picture, It looks the same.

I'll take it to a bike shop tomorrow to look into this. Otherwise I'll delete the add and make a cool discussion about it or something.

Regardless, Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

Juls

Junior Marzocchi Tech
The left hand side of your fork has a Air Preload input.

The 2004 Z150 had a Rebound Adjuster and "No" Air Preload input.

It is not possible to attach a HSCV Cartridge to a marzocchi Air Preload cap, so the fork does not have the HSCV cartridge on that side, That Cartridge is what makes a Z150 a Awesome high end fork in it's day. Without it it's just a budget Marzocchi fork. (although the ETA is nice)

When they don't use a HSCV (high speed compression valve) Cartridge, instead a simple plunger arrangement is used (called SSV, or SSVF), some had Adjustable rebound in that year, but the adjuster is at the bottom of the fork (such as Dirt Jumper 1, or Drop off 1), or internal using a long allen key from above (such as Dirt jumper 2 or Drop off 2) (adjustable using a 10-12" long allen key usually 3-4mm size) Often the simple non adjustable plunger was used in cheaper forks, like dirt jumper 3 or Drop off 3/4 models.

Juls

Last edited: