VIC Sold

Pork Chop

Likes Bikes
Item: Yeti SB-66 Allow in black, size medium

Item Condition: Used with a few minor scuffs as would be expected with bike use, but does have frame skin fitted

Reason for selling: Just not being ridden. I can always see myself riding it in the future, but the fact is I have too many bikes as is so this just gets curbed each time I have to decide which bike to ride.

Price and price conditions: SOLD

Extra Info: Spec list as follows

YETI SB-66 Alloy (black) w RP23 shock with Kashima, medium
120-150mm FOX 32 FIT TALAS fork with Kashima
9 speed SRAM X0 rear derailleur (gold)
3x9 speed SRAM X0 shifters (gold)
3 speed Shimano XT front direct mount derailleur
3 ring Shimano XT crankset 175mm
Rockshox reverb dropper seatpost w remote (recently re-bled)
Handle bars 730mm
Planet X stem 80mm
Formula The One brakes with Feel Control System. 180mm front / 160mm rear (again, gold colour)
DT Swiss 240s hubs (F: 20mm R: 12x142) laced with bladed sapim spokes to STANS FLOW EX setup as tubeless
Schawlbe Nobby Nics on both front and back
Bionicon chain guide (gold) - not shown in photo
Black Yeti ODI grips - not shown in photo

Bike rides like a dream and while I did consider changing the 3x9 drive train to a 2x10 (mainly for a clutch/type 2 derailleur), the installation of the bionicon chain guide really addressed reason for my change, being the chain chatter when descending.

I'm not a hardcore rider and the bike can do so much more than what I actually rode it through. Most of my rides are covered by my 120mm trail bike and the SB-66 was just an added luxury for me during my rare trips to New Zealand and to Mt Buller. Other than those main trips, the bike has seen minimal use over the years.

Bike recently had its parts removed and stripped to naked frame with all the bearings greased up.

Very reluctant to sell this bike but it's also a tough-love situation with me actively choosing to not ride it (and ride other bikes in its place). I'd like to see this bike go to a good owner.

Pictures

More to come, but one photo before some of the above-mentioned parts were installed

Attachments

Last edited: