QLD Sold

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Item: Ironhorse Sunday - Medium 08 or 09, inc K2 angleset

Item Condition: Used, in need of love. Read 'Extra Info', below.

Price and price conditions:I've taken a deposit. Will remove when it's gone. $700 firm. Cheap for two reasons; preferably want a fast sale and secondly extra info.
I may be able to post, but as a solo bloke with very little time I make no guarantees that postage would be quick - most likely would be a case of boxing one evening and then dropping at a company like pack-and-send one lunch time.

Reason for selling: Bought as a project to tinker on while recovering, this has not gone to plan (long story) - I haven't even looked at it till now.
As you'll see in the pictures I haven't touched it since picking it up - haven't even rectified the brake hose routing or flipped the rear tyre.
I was originally quite inspired by this article: http://www.sicklines.com/projects/project-iron-horse-sunday-rebuild/ and Udi's http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VUF5SSG6w4k/UtDhPrgLd7I/AAAAAAAAK1Y/VjeGhjv_2X0/s1600/p4pb8756316.jpg
My plan was to source newer a newer fork and shock over time and maybe bling up the contacts and drivetrain.
Unfortunately, since I have just moved back to Australia I don't have a collection of bits and bobs like I used to, nor do I have any tools. Makes it a bit hard.

Extra Info: I thought this was a good base for the project since due to headset, wheels, brakes (pre-taper bore).
Work needed:
  • Needs lower link mod (starting to develop some play), there is plenty of information on Rotorburn about this.
  • Shock bushes are roasted. ($10 for a pair, or just wait until the shock needs replacing)
  • Fork bumpers are old. (still functional, new ones can be found on ebay for a couple of bucks)
  • Brakes could use a bleed. (easy, will do before sale if I can dig up some DOT 5)
  • Shifter bolt threads are stripped, needs to be screwed in or replaced. (I don't have any bolts floating around like I used to. A M6 should do the job in a pinch, or a wide wood screw if you don't care about looks. Or most bike shops will have a M4 tap - I used to in my old tool box too :( )
  • Wheels could use a true. (I will endeavor to fix this week, will remove from description when complete)
  • Missing some zip ties.
The head tube guessets are dented (like 99% of Sundays due to slipped fork bumpers), to me this is a non-issue, I haven't ever seen a case of this being a real problem.

Most of these are non-issues if you have a half decent tool set (I don't) or very cheap/easy fixes. I'll be truing the wheels this week and if I can find some DOT 5 I'll bleed the brakes too. That's about the limit of my current tooling (I'll be using this cash to find a big tool box ironically).

Spec:
K2 angleset (-2 degrees)
32mm Boxxer WCs
Marz Roco w/ CC 400lb spring
Hope Pro II hubs, MTX33 rear, Ex721 front
Saint Cranks
Gamut guide
Elixer R brakes (pre taperbore, so decent)
The wanky old 9spd DH specific Sram cassette, can't remember name
X9 shifter
Holzfeller stem
Sunline bars
Jetblack grips
Easton post (also have an SDG i-beam post that will be included)

Pictures:
At some point this week I'll clean 'er up a bit better, replace zip ties and take some better pictures. Lacking time and capability right now.

Attachments

Last edited: