NSW Sold

BT180

Max Pfaff
This may be getting into classic bike territory soon...

Up for sale is my first love.

Item: ’04 Santa Cruz Heckler, size M
Item Condition: Not bad, considering its age
Reason for selling: New bike time!
Price and price conditions: $700 Neg
Extra Info: This has been my one and only bike for the last 8 years. Done everything from 100km marathons to everyday trail and AM riding. Handles the rough stuff pretty well, but could do with a shorter stem to really make it sing (I use a longer one as I’m a bit too big for a size M). Been upgrading parts over the years. near new XT brakes have only done 230km. Current spec is:

Rear shock - Fox DHX 5.0 Coil
Fork - RockShox Revelation 426 Dual Air 130mm (new in ’08)
Handlebar – Easton MonkeyBar
Grips - Jet Black (as per last pic, not 1st)
Stem – Thomson Elite x4 100mm
Headset - Aheadset by Cane Creek
Grips – Jet Black, not the ESIs in the pic
Saddle - Fizik Gobi XM
Seatpost – Thomson Elite Layback
Front brake - M8000 XT with 185mm G3 rotor
Rear brake - M8000 XT with XT with 160mm G3 rotor
Cranks – Shimano XT (’08)
Pedals – Times ATAC XS
Front derailleur – Shimano Deore (needs some love or replacement altogether)
Rear derailleur – Shimano XT
Front shifter – Shimano XT
Rear shifter - Shimano XT
Cassette - Shimano - need to confirm spec
Chain - Shimano - need to confirm spec
Wheelset – DT Swiss E2200
Tyres – F: Maxxis HRII 2.4, R: Schwalbe Hans Dampf Trailstar 2.35 (different to pic)

I also need to get rid of all my 26” spares so can throw in WTB wheelset/tyres/e-thirteen guide/bashring/DT Swiss air shock

Issues are the front derailleur, small ring and big ring are cactus. I spend 100% of my time riding 1x9. Obvious cosmetic wear on the frame, being 12 years old (could do with a strip and repaint), but the frame itself is stout and is testament to the awesome heckler single pivot design. The frame has had 2 Heckler pro-pack bearing replacements. It is what it is, so potential buyers are welcome to come and check it out. She could do with a bit of love, but once tarted up would make a great bike for someone just getting into mountain biking. Rear rim has a ding but does not affect performance. Can post up specific pics of specific parts if requested.

Located on Syd Northern Beaches and prefer a local buyer as I can’t be arsed packing it up and arranging post/couriers

PYR: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?175370-The-Heckler-Chronicles-Latest-Update-Page-5

Pictures: (more to come)

Latest.jpg

Heckler2.JPG

Heckler3.JPG

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Thanks mate. I wish I could keep her!
And I wish I had a few spare bucks and lived nearby. I'm sure it will get snapped up pretty quick, theres a few locals here who would happily throw a leg over it for that money.