VIC SOLD

Staunch

Eats Squid
Item: 2017 Custom Santa Cruz V10.6 XL
Item Condition: Good
Reason for selling: Not used
Price and price conditions: $3800 (or $4000 with brand new Code Rs)
Extra Info:
Custom Santa Cruz V10.6 CC XL.

First off, don't let the XL tag scare you off, Santa Cruz bikes are under-sized, meaning that this is essentially the same as a L from most other brands.
I purchased this bike in November of 2019 and just prior it had a complete strip and rebuild with new bearings and a new paintjob - BMW Donnington Grey Metallic/ Metallic Black. This is a one-off custom bike, and it looks exceptional.
Since buying it I legitimately rode it 5 times due to injury/COVID and it hasn't seen dirt for over a year now. This is the 3rd V10 I've owned, and while I'd saddening to sell it, it's even worse just seeing it sit in my shed being unused.

Spec List
2017 V10.6 CC size XL (27.5)
Fox Float X2 Kashima brand new
Rockshox Boxxer Team
SRAM XO DH groupset 10sp
XO carbon cranks
Avid Code brakes
Gravity Light stem
Spank Vibrocore bars (cut at 785)
Hope headset
Hope Pro II hubs/Hope Tech DH rims
Thomson Elite seatpost
Ultegra cassette
Maxxis Assegai front/Maxxis DHR II rear
Extras Parts
Soft + Medium Boxxer springs (heavy installed currently)
Boxxer lowers seal kit
Spare Fox Float X2 volume spacer
Spare Minion F
2x pairs of new Code Brake pads
Spare (old) linkage bits and pieces
Spare Stans Flow rim
I'll also try and find the lower roller for the chainguide if you really want it

Extra Info
  • The bike is in pretty good condition for a 4 year old DH bike. The frame/paintjob/bearings are still excellent as I barely rode it after it all got refreshed. No play in any of the linkage and the fork/shock feel smooth and buttery. The shock has only been ridden up and down the street to check the gears, otherwise it's essentially brand new.
  • The rims have some dints both front and rear, as to be expected on wheels on a DH bike. The rear wheel also has a small buckle in the rim itself. Nothing big enough to notice when riding, but obvious to the eye. A couple of the rear rim dints are large, however they haven't affected the ability of the rims to hold a good seal with the tubeless set up. I've included some photos of the worse ones.
  • There are the usual scuffs and marks on other parts of the bike such as the fork lowers/cranks/saddle/bars etc that you would expect from a 4 year old bike, but no major damage.
  • The rear Code has a slightly sticky lever piston, meaning the rear pads consistently slightly rub on the rotor. I assume a re-build would solve this issue, however it's only a noticeable issue if the bike is in the stand. You don't notice it when riding and the brake still performs as well as the front. If this is a worry, I have a pair of brand new never used Code Rs I can swap onto the bike for an extra $200
  • DOES NOT COME WITH PEDALS. I've just kept the Straitlines on there for a test ride upon pick-up
Price is $4000 (or $4200 with brand new Code Rs).
Reasonable offers will be entertained, low-ballers will be ignored, stupid offers will be ridiculed.
Inspections in Brunswick 3056 welcome. Pick up preferred but will also post at buyers expense. Happy to take more specific photos upon request.

Pictures:

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Ah, right. Movie. I think I’ve seen it years ago. The opals comment though...basketball?....are they stretching his legs? I don’t recall that bit.
Break and stretch, reach for the stars....

That line wasn't in the movie, bit it should have been.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk