Solo training - anyone want to ride together?

Raf

Likes Dirt
Fellow Canberrans

Im training for my first solo 24hr in sydney 6th Feb 2010. Only medium skill level, so if your fast you might be frustrated.....

Anyhoo, if your still interested....I will be riding alot between now and then, hopeing to do some long rides, day and night, both on the road and on the MTB at stromlo (or other).

If anyone wants to join me, please post here.

My next ride will 4 hours at stromlo this saturday, from 6am to 10am. Happy for people to join me at anytime.:)

Raf

bigmac2

Squid
my riding buddy has taken off for two months so i will be largely training solo over xmas and the new year on the mtn bike. i do lots of hills and some long stuff around canberra (ainslie, majura, stromlo, red hill, isaacs ridge) and in the brindies - good practice for 24 hour stuff. let me know whan you are riding and we can hook up. i can ride most mornings and after work and weekend mornings early.

Raf

Likes Dirt
Sounds great. I think we will be riding soon for sure.

You able to make it out to Stromlo this Saturday morning?

Raf

abenny111

Likes Bikes
Hey Raf,
I am heading out there at around 7ish, am keen to meet up.

I will be slow though as not been on bike for 3 weeks (new kid born)

Also if you haven't joined already check this site http://theberm.ning.com/

I will be in green Camray with Tassie plates and riding an Iron Horse mark III in a grey and red jersey

Cheers
Benny

Raf

Likes Dirt
Damn, sorry I missed you Benny. I knew I should have checked this last night, but a work xmas party got in the way.

I Left home at 5.30 this morning and rode from Macgregor to stromlo via coppings crossing, then did a long lap out the back via pork barrel, slick rock, down the back to the western carpark and back along Dingo, white gums etc. Came through the carpark around 8.15 on the return ride home (via coppin's again) and some meandering hill rides through belconnen.

It was my first 4 hour ride. Im stocked that I had control of my energy levels and still feel so good 2 hours later. I felt like I could have ridden for much longer.

What a gorgeous morning for riding it was too.

I will let you know when Im riding next. Could be soon.

I think I will be doing a mid week morning ride from Macgregor to Downer, hooking up with a mate, up Majura for a lap, then back to work in Barton. Probably Tuesday morning, I imagine around 6am.

Raf

Last edited:

Raf

Likes Dirt
Night rides

WHile we are here,

Im open to night rides in January. After 8pm, almost any night. Seems a shame to do less than 4 hours once we get a few people together.

I will probably hook it up with some day rides as well, so as to start putting some multiple 4 hours rides in before my first race in Feb.

Raf

Raf

Likes Dirt
I am riding this saturday, 6am to 12 midday at stromlo.

Let me know if your interested.

Raf

Raf

Likes Dirt
41st position, 15 laps and rode the whole time the course was open. Really felt as though the 24hr ride was on the cards.

Shame about the delay, as I didnt really test the 24hr limit, but the conditions made it perhaps equally as punishing for the time we were out there.

I got notified last week that I qualified in the age category (35-39) for the Worlds, so mission accomplished.

Gunna need to drop another 13kg before october, so will still be riding alot for the next 8 months.

Raf

craigl

Likes Dirt
Riding at Stromlo

Good day all,
I have a weekend booked in Canberra 27th Feb, The better half is spending the day in the national gallery. So I would like to ride Stromlo with someone who knows the course or area.
My level of riding is pretty good (I ride in B grade races).
Anyone interested??

Raf

Likes Dirt
I am only going to slow you down.....

Will see what the weekend looks like in regards to family commitments and let yo uknow.

Raf

craigl

Likes Dirt
I am only going to slow you down.....

Will see what the weekend looks like in regards to family commitments and let yo uknow.

Raf
I am not out for a race, just a fun ride.
I will be out at Stromlo regardless around 9 - 10am if you can make it (PM me if you can and I will pass on my phone number)

Rookie

Likes Dirt
Hi Raf, I live in Dunlop. Let me know when you are doing rides across to Stromlo from home. I could just scoot across the bridle trail to meet you near the new housing development. Do you ride down the pipeline road (fire trail) to get down to Coppins?

Damn, sorry I missed you Benny. I knew I should have checked this last night, but a work xmas party got in the way.

I Left home at 5.30 this morning and rode from Macgregor to stromlo via coppings crossing, then did a long lap out the back via pork barrel, slick rock, down the back to the western carpark and back along Dingo, white gums etc. Came through the carpark around 8.15 on the return ride home (via coppin's again) and some meandering hill rides through belconnen.

It was my first 4 hour ride. Im stocked that I had control of my energy levels and still feel so good 2 hours later. I felt like I could have ridden for much longer.

What a gorgeous morning for riding it was too.

I will let you know when Im riding next. Could be soon.

I think I will be doing a mid week morning ride from Macgregor to Downer, hooking up with a mate, up Majura for a lap, then back to work in Barton. Probably Tuesday morning, I imagine around 6am.

Raf

DeBloot

Feeling old
A mate of mine (Morgan) started up a Canberra MTB website when he moved from Sydney last year

I think he mentioned it now has over 100 members
The idea is simple. Talk shit and hook up for rides :rolleyes:

The link is below for anyone who's interested
You don't have to live in C'berra either - drop em a line if you're visiting

http://www.theberm.com.au/