VIC Some built over my track!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys what would you do if you've just spent ages building some sweet trail with huge jumps and stuff and some person you dont know built their own peice of **** trail over the top and got rid of all your jumps and berms. PLZ Help

Lard

Likes Dirt
Hey guys what would you do if you've just spent ages building some sweet trail with huge jumps and stuff and some person you dont know built their own peice of **** trail over the top and got rid of all your jumps and berms. PLZ Help
A: You trails are on your private land. Call the cops?

B: Your trails are illegally built on Council/State land. diddums.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Get a build crew and put someone in charge so people who use the site can all work together to make the right trailer for everyone. You cannot have different groups building at different times with different ideas.
Is it part of a club?

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Its built on DSE crown land (legal). Plz help
It's only legal if you have the land managers consent. Part of that consent will be an operational plan on how to deal with these issues. So maybe you need to work through it with them.

If you haven't got consent off the relevant land manager then its not legal and... well they had no right to change it but you had no right to build in the first place so there's not a heap you can do. It's annoying but just a fact of life with non approved trails

Last edited:

Nmag

Likes Dirt
My name is James Chapman, I build trails on crown land and think that it is legal.

Help me

daddyrat

Likes Dirt
I reckon your funny. If you 'think ' your track is kegal, then it probably isn't cause you would 'know' if it was. Talk to Dozer or the cat on how to get ther otherwise your on your own re sorting this out. I know it's bad etiquiette but that's all you can do. good luck finding the culprit and finding a solution together.

wonky1

Likes Bikes
help me help me, grow a pair and stand up for yourself. or you could just build on private property, either way is good.

kona_kona

Likes Dirt
Judging by your other threads and the photo of you 'jumping' I'm going to bet my race bike that the jumps aren't huge and trail isn't sweet.

Oh.. and that the track is not legal

fallan

Cannon Fodder
So, just playing devil's advocate here (because i've had one too many drinks and it amuses me) but does kona_kona, now owe james chapman his race bike if james chapman can produce evidence of aforementioned permit??????????

What legality is there on making bets on this website???

daever

lunatic rant extraordinaire
I can't read what it says, there's stars in the way.
I put it through my asterisk cleaner and the word (once clean and sparkling) is "pigeon", he called us all pigeon's. God know's why.

In response to this slander, may I suggest to you, Sir, that an apology is in order! Also, I must forthwith declare that your dress sense and attire most likely resembles the condition of your "track" - Unflattering and lacking style.

GOOD DAY.

Gee80

Squid
Getting back to the original question, when people find it to hard to ride a section of the track you built, they modify it to make it easier, that life. Make a chicken line.

kona_kona

Likes Dirt
So, just playing devil's advocate here (because i've had one too many drinks and it amuses me) but does kona_kona, now owe james chapman his race bike if james chapman can produce evidence of aforementioned permit??????????

What legality is there on making bets on this website???
He still has to prove the jumps were big and the trail was sweet :cool:

shwinboy

Likes Dirt
Look you group of ****s. I've got a damn permit!
As a commity member of the club James is a part of it is my responsability to point out that in no way are James' trail building activities condoned by the club. Our permit for the use of the land in question is for a specific event and a specified purpose and does not give club members unrestricted permission to build trails where ever they please. This sort of thing is iresponsable and can reflect poorly on the reputation of the club and its commity members who have worked hard to establish relationships throug the correct channels. Our lagitamate effortss ove rthe year have established a small network of trails for MTB use and we have to reapply for a use permit each year. Illegal building puts our continued use of this land at risk.
James has been spoken to and I hope to harnes his energy for good instead of evil in the future. He is young and does not know the error of his ways yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.