Some guys riding bikes somewhere.Now with broken bones!

Newts

Likes Dirt
There were only 4/6 norco's out there in this crowd. What can you say when the boys like them

CraigS

Likes Dirt
For those who weren't out there it was an awesome ride until I had a laps of judgement and sent myself over the bars at high speed. A big thank you to the boys for looking after me ang helping get myself and my bike home and then Todd for driving me to the hospital and waiting with me for a number of hours.
I had surgery yesterday and got home today. Total rebuild of my right wrist after I had shattered both bones and pushed the whole joint back up my arm. They took out about 20 pieces of broken bone, realigned the joint after it had moved 55 degrees out of place, filled the gaps with a synthetic bone graft and screwed it all back together through a titanium plate.
I've been told that I'm looking at up to 3 months off work so I guess that means from riding too:(
Thanks again to the boys for their messages of support over the past few days. I now have to learn to type left handed and this post has taken me ages. Thanks for listening to my scribble. See you all out there soon

kemmis

Likes Dirt
awww, Bummer craig.

Hope you get better soon. Oh no that means we wont see lots of tracks popping up all over the place anymore. hope you are back on the bike soon.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
I like the arrow on the rock. Its presence I assume is to remind you which way to huck...incase you forgot?

toddles13

Squid
sweet pics eastside. Yeah the arrow shows you which way to go... straight off.

Craig, I'll try and post the pics of your wrist out of joint 55 degrees soon.

CraigS

Likes Dirt
Some pics Todd took of my arm in Emergency Dept on Sunday. You can see the bone pushing on the outside of my wrist, but it didn't break the skin.

Last night I went back to the ED to check on excess swelling in my hand and when they opened up the wrapping I took a quick pic with my dodgey phone. There is two incisions, one on each side of the wrist

Enjoy

Newts

Likes Dirt
Isnt that a beauty. I hope all goes well for you Shorty. Thats one way of getting out of changing the nappies....except that there is a lady in Perth that has no arms and changes them with her feet.
Let us know if you need anything

toddles13

Squid
same here dude. If you need anything just let me know.
BTW... after seeing the aftermath of the doctors' incisions, the ones that I took look pretty lame.

EastsideZero

Likes Dirt
Gnarly looking damage. Ouch!

Hope it heals up good mate.

Which one of the fellas called last run?
Someone has a lot to answer for!