Something BIG going on at Stromlo!

oldbean

NSWMTB
Please tell me the jumps will be left there permanently! Surely since Stromlo is a BIKE PARK these jumps could be left there??

OK, just checked the link:
Following the games, the world-class jumps constructed by pro course designers will become a permanent feature of Stromlo Forest Park, making it on of Australia’s premier locations for BMX riders.

YES! So stoked right now!

Last edited:

J3$$3

Likes Dirt
:eek: OH :eek: MY :eek: GOD!!!
Can not wait to go out and check out whats happenin!!! can not wait!!! shall be awesome!!!!!

Nub_XC

Squid
Was out there yesterday, jumps are coming along nicely. Builders mentioned they'll be ready in a few weeks.

Damn they are BIG though! Makes the 4X track look like it was built for toddlers.

jackaroo

Likes Dirt
Yeah instead of been held in Melbourne (i think) the bmx games are been held a Stromlo this year. Its looking to be a good few weeks coming for the Canberra region as we have Cam Jam coming up in less than 2 weeks or so and then towards the end of February the bmx games.

Tab_f

Cannon Fodder
Freestyle BMX Games

Hey guys,

You're all exactly right, the upcoming Freestyle BMX Games are being held at Stromlo Forest Park in Canberra 25 - 27 of Feb.

The games will showcase the very best local and international street, dirt and flatland freestyle riders. Along with live entertainment, food and a licensed bar.

As pointed out, following the games, the world-class jumps will become a permanent feature of Stromlo Forest Park, allowing Canberra to be put on the map as a premier location for all BMX riders.

Early bird tickets have just gone on sale, and for around $30 for a weekend pass, it sounds like a great fun but inexpensive way to spend a weekend!

Visit www.bmxgames.net for more info!

J3$$3

Likes Dirt
again, stoked,
but it will be interestin to see if these will be as well maintained as the other tracks after rain damage... i mean with only makin trax allowed to fix/repair damaged trails, and no public to make changes/repairs, will these become under-maintained as the rest of the hill?

Tab_f

Cannon Fodder
I understand what you're saying, but I think this area will be well maintained for all riders to enjoy.

The boys who have built the jumps are all passionate BMX'ers who will be visiting the area regularly and making sure the jumps are in tip top shape.

Furthermore, the BMX Games will be held in Canberra for the next three years. So we want to keep the jumps in the best possible condition all year round, to ensure we're ready for the next games!

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what im more suprised about is them been allowed to build them. it has taken ages for the ones in gunners to get permission and they have a height restriction and can only be tables.

J3$$3

Likes Dirt
it is quite odd, it took half a year to convince the gov. to build at gunners, its due to open in april... low height restrition... all gay,
then boom, they approve this like no problems... go build for the bmx games, and have it done in a couple of weeks... size isn't a problem, just make it happen :cool:

yakuza857

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i wouldent say gay, 1.2m tables is pretty good. and its been more like 3 years or something i think they have been planning these jumps. will be great once they are put in there :)

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
3 month dig: For the record, work to get Gungahlin up has taken more than 5 years and the advanced lines go up to 1.8m in height.

TVE has their own site and event insurance, they can build stuff that PC&L and the mangers of most other sites around the ACT would never contemplate for liability reasons.

Korune

Likes Dirt
Was out there yesterday, jumps are coming along nicely. Builders mentioned they'll be ready in a few weeks.

Damn they are BIG though! Makes the 4X track look like it was built for toddlers.
The 4X track always looked like it was built for todlers...

Korune

Likes Dirt
Sorry if this has already been said but I couldn't be bothered reading the whole thread... hate to break it to you but from what I heard the jump track will be closed to the public, and only open on event days... Bit like all the jumps on the DH track...