Something new - junior only xc racing

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt

Please spread the word to get as much interest as we can.

Categories for primary age all the way to U19. :cool:

Series is all about involvement, events get gradually more technical with each round

Lots of fun for all

Regards

Roland

Last edited:

MrsH

Likes Dirt
Sounds great :) Best of luck with it!

Our 5 year old was sooo upset the kids raced was cancelled @ Jeep (quickly placated by a Merida slap band though). Hopefully there's something like this in a few years time when he's on a MTB.

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Sounds great :) Best of luck with it!

Our 5 year old was sooo upset the kids raced was cancelled @ Jeep (quickly placated by a Merida slap band though). Hopefully there's something like this in a few years time when he's on a MTB.
We had a few 5YO's at the last club race, fun for all.

If all goes well, we will try to run a couple of series during school holidays

Roland

shwinboy

Likes Dirt
We've been running fort nightly Dirt Crits for the young ones in Castlemain over day light savings. It's always well attended including the last one where it was raining. All the juniors showed up but none of the senior competitors. The kids cant get enough. Good luck with your event. It's a great initiative.

MrsH

Likes Dirt
We had a few 5YO's at the last club race, fun for all.

If all goes well, we will try to run a couple of series during school holidays

Roland
Will keep my eyes peeled.. I fell in love with Forrest at the Jeep (my frst time on the trails down there) and won't take much convincing to come back! We may do some weekend trips.

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
How far do the U19's ride?
Is it worth coming down form the Mornington Peninsula?
All races based on XCO format, which is what we are trying to promote.

The three events have been graduated in terms of technicality, so the first is the easiest and the third the most difficult, but all are very achievable and designed for participation.

As a comparison, the courses won't be as difficult as you would see at Beaconsfield, You Yangs or Shepparton. If you have raced XCO before, and being U19, you will likely consider them all technically easy. Please remember they need to cater for U15 through to U19 for both boys and girls.

Because we are putting ourselves out there with this series I can't make any promises in terms of how many will race.

We'd love for you to come down, and are happy to answer questions as honestly as we can

Hope this helps

Regards

Roland

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
quick quiery!
it says age from 31st December 2010 and the series is being run in 2011..
:confused:
Hopefully I can get out for them. sounds like fun
Smack it up in U19s
:cool:

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
quick quiery!
it says age from 31st December 2010 and the series is being run in 2011..
:confused:
Hopefully I can get out for them. sounds like fun
Smack it up in U19s
:cool:
G'Day Ryan,

Yep 2011 it should read.

Sorry for the confusion

Roland

Last edited:

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Correction - age as at 31 december 2011

G'Day All,

Sorry for the confusion

It should be 2011

If you race in state or national series at present, it will be the same age grouping

Regards

Roland