Sore Kidneys

stu125

Likes Bikes
Did a lap of Stromlo this morning & on any of the rough fast down hill parts my kidney were very sore. Once I got onto the flatter or smoother part I was fine.
This has happened the last couple of times ive been out.
Does anyone out there wear a kidney belt for XC ?

Or am I just being soft?

Thanks
Stu

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
Hey, is it your kidenys, or just that part of your back? Getting a sore back in that area is pretty normal, particularly on rough tracks. It has become less of a problem for me now because i have done some core strengthening exercises, I have done alot of riding, and i have improved my posture (a bit). just strengthen your back/stomach and try and have a straight back when you ride, and eventualy it wont be a real problem.

749dark

Likes Dirt
Or am I just being soft?
You're too soft, harden up and have a few stacks on your kidneys :D

Only kidding! It's probably just your conditioning and possibly core strength. How much water do you drink and how often do you ride XC?

Pussa

Likes Bikes
Make sure you are drinking enough water for the rides you are doing. If it is your kidney get it checked out.

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt
Hey, is it your kidenys, or just that part of your back? Getting a sore back in that area is pretty normal, particularly on rough tracks. It has become less of a problem for me now because i have done some core strengthening exercises, I have done alot of riding, and i have improved my posture (a bit). just strengthen your back/stomach and try and have a straight back when you ride, and eventualy it wont be a real problem.
I agree, it's your lower back muscles for sure. I have had the same pain and thought it was my kidneys too. Core strength is your new mission :)

PS: Gawd I hate core strength, so boooooring, but a necessity in cycling.

stu125

Likes Bikes
Thanks guys for the replys

Looks like some core strengthening might be a starting point.

Cheers
Stu