Sorted, Thanks For The Replys.

Hi there ladies and gents. Just got myself a second hand pair of White Brothers forks, inverted 1.8. I thaught the steereer length would have been plenty at 8". I have just discovered that the steerer only comes about half way into my stem!, will this be enough with the star done up or have I just made the biggest stuff up ever?
Or is there justy an obvious fix? :confused:
Thanks.

Last edited:
Spacers

No spacers. And the stem I've got is about the shortest/lowest stem out there.
What am I gonna do?
Is that not enough purchase?

Techno Destructo

Riding In Peace
What would be the distance between the star nut and the top cap?

As well, Grip does steerer extensions. I'm a very happy customer with the one he did for me!:)

Customjimmy

Likes Dirt
Not ideal! Firstly look at stem and headset options with lower stack heights. Make sure the crown race is properly seated on the forks. Maybe you can just gain the 10 or 15mm you need. At the end of the day if only half your stem is grabbing the steerer you will be in mortal danger (and so will your bearings)! If you can't get it within 10mm (abs max) of the top of the stem you'll have to swap forks or get the grip extension. Bummer.

Xmetal

Give this man a job, we want pics!
I can also vouch for a Grip job, I got a 30mm extension and everything works perfectly. :) The only compromise is you can't use a star nut after the work is done so you have to get an Imperial Headlock to hold it all together.