sourcing 2007 boXXer worldcup bushings.

jacob123

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys,
was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a whole saler or importer that sell rock shox 2007 boXXer world cup replacment bushings.

starting to get marks grooved in my stauntion, and i believe its because i need new bushings. would rather buy the bushing myself then pay a shit load extra from a bike shop.
if anyone could help that would be great.
also can anyone confirm with me that the bushings are causing this problem? (wearing of anodise on left stantion grooves being put in them all around)

cheers
jacob

Landon

Likes Dirt
Boxxer Bushings

Bushing replacement is not something you'll be able to do at home without the proper tools. If your inner legs are starting to show signs of wear, it's pretty much time for a new fork. It will cost you a fair wack of money to replace the bushings, seals and an inner leg or two. Lack of maintenance and high levels of contamination are the most likely case of the problem.

marshro

Likes Bikes
ohhh snap jacob thats not good maybe time for some 2010 boxxers then??? you have got 2 months till next race anyway. talk to you tomorrow il ride my howler to the track cya there.

jacob123

Likes Bikes and Dirt
na not intending to whack them in myself. Forks have been maintained and serviced regulary. Got some advice from my lbs and there advice was that if the bushings were replaced it would cease the wear and fork fine again. They said there was no need for new stantion legs. Ill do a little more research into things hopefully getting some luck if not il just run them until its time for new forks. Thanks for the input mate.

Rory not every one is a rich kid like you you know.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
na not intending to whack them in myself. Forks have been maintained and serviced regulary. Got some advice from my lbs and there advice was that if the bushings were replaced it would cease the wear and fork fine again. They said there was no need for new stantion legs. Ill do a little more research into things hopefully getting some luck if not il just run them until its time for new forks. Thanks for the input mate.

Rory not every one is a rich kid like you you know.
If the stantions are "starting to get marks grooved in my stauntion" then they will need to be replaced.

As said before if the bushings and stantions need to be replaced you would be better of getting a new set of forks.

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Like Landon said, you're bike shop would have to have a tool to remove the old and than insert the new bushings. Otherwise they will have to be sent away.

I have a set of bushings still in the packet that you can have for $50. PM me if you are interested.