South East Queenslands answer to Whistler.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Great news and kudos to the Councillors and Council assessment officers for having the courage to make a rational decision despite the media beat up from the locals.

Hopefully the locals don't appeal the decision to waste more time and money. The threat of costs against submitter appeals is a big issue for local nimby groups now.

Congrats to the Guanaba Experience people.

binner

Hath shat hymself
ohh yeah

finally some good news for SEQ. I just hope it doesn't get held up again for the developers..... am still watching...

walkietalkie

Likes Dirt
Very dodgy..the first FB profile pic says it all! And it's on the gold coast..haha even more dodgy.
BS comparing this to whistler. :faint2:

Would be fantastic is it did happen but reads total crap ATM..
Still not convinced aye?
This is not going to be Whistler true, merely a comparative.

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Still not convinced aye?
This is not going to be Whistler true, merely a comparative.
Seriously? Pulling an 'I told you so!' on a comment well over a year old? Why not move forward positively, especially given your recent win, rather than gloating over old doubts??

walkietalkie

Likes Dirt
Seriously? Pulling an 'I told you so!' on a comment well over a year old? Why not move forward positively, especially given your recent win, rather than gloating over old doubts??

Chill man.
Panties on too tight mate?
Damn right....just like he has a right to doubt it, but I am not gloating...merely giving him so schtick.

Mail Man

Likes Dirt
Grave dig I know

I am coming home for a visit (living east coast Canada for last 10 years) and my family now live in Robina and I am looking for a place I can rent then ride. Did this place ever get finished? Their website is how you say, deficient.

I have searched the forums and I know there has been questions asked about the gold coast and bike rentals but I can't find them. I am looking for DH or All mountain style riding, I guess all mountain would be my preference I wont be able to shuttle and lift access trails in Oz are few and far between. I would say my descending skills are advanced (rode whistler for a season and have a yearly pass to Bromont in Quebec and ride Mt Sainte Anne regularly.) and my climbing are skills are more like, I cant wait to get to the top so I can ride down...

Any help would be beneficial.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
As far as I know Jim is still committed to his project. He owns the land but the DA is caught up in the courts as a bunch of locals are opposed to the project. Still a couple of years away at least I'd say.

Edit: check out Jubilee at Toowoomba or Mt. Joyce for DH tracks, both public mtb parks.

Last edited: