VIC Southern Exposure 24 hour MTB festival 20-21 OCT

akashra

Eats Squid
I have ridden this event every year it has run, sadly, I wont be there this year. I simply can't justify the $$$ for the race entry this year. I know there are plenty that will pay, and more power to them, but for me, it was $100 for a 3 hour ride and somewhere to put up a tent. might head down the road to forrest that weekend instead and pay less than $15 for the campsite for the night and ride as much as I like.
I agree.
I am one of the small handful of people who have done every SurfCoast 6hr event, but at $95 (edit: Oh, wait, nope, it's back up to $100 again) for a 6hr entry I've decided it's time to end that streak. It's just too much, especially for an event in a venue that's getting too crowded. With the 3hr and 12hr being in the morning, if you don't get there by early morning (for a 4pm start in the 6hr), you've got buckleys chance of a decent location for a marquee.

I'm not really surprised the 24hr didn't take off at this event this year. I've had a lot of people comment to me that while they like the course for what's been run there previously, it just didn't seem to lend itself to being a good 24hr course. I was in favour of them looking at doing a 24hr at another time, but the date for this one on the calendar and everything else that goes with it just seemed to me as a bit rushed. More planning would have been better - I had always thought that this event being a 12hr the week after the Scott was in itself a bit close> I don't believe you can't expect another 24hr event the week after the Scott to be a massive success.

Last edited:

Archieboy

Cannon Fodder
you guys wouldnt have a clew what goes into this race 100 buck big deal , and guess what i had a gut full this is it for me i have worked so hard on this race and on mountain biking in Victoria yes mate i was there at the start but i am going surfing now you can go bush every weekend for all i care you guys are just pathetic .Most of the comments are from people like you who havnt organised a chook raffel at the pub so until you have done something shut your trap, also did you know that the car park money the sausuage sizzle money goes to youth, things like Bullying and youth suicide,not in my back pocket ,Stick your money and i hope you dont surf because ,thats it from me go and find a club race in some shit hole with wankers trying to be cool with the pa system pay your 5 buck entry and live the dream but what ever dont surf ,thats it and never put me down

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
you guys wouldnt have a clew what goes into this race 100 buck big deal , and guess what i had a gut full this is it for me i have worked so hard on this race and on mountain biking in Victoria yes mate i was there at the start but i am going surfing now you can go bush every weekend for all i care you guys are just pathetic .Most of the comments are from people like you who havnt organised a chook raffel at the pub so until you have done something shut your trap, also did you know that the car park money the sausuage sizzle money goes to youth, things like Bullying and youth suicide,not in my back pocket ,Stick your money and i hope you dont surf because ,thats it from me go and find a club race in some shit hole with wankers trying to be cool with the pa system pay your 5 buck entry and live the dream but what ever dont surf ,thats it and never put me down
Learn to spell and use punctuation you bogan.

Knut

Troll hunter
Interesting that you have three posts to your name. All on the same topic. One of those three is abusive. We are all friends here and we don't generally tolerate that type of behavior. By all means enjoy Rotorburn. I doubt Mick would like your post on his event thread. He is a nice bloke. So play nice or refrain from typing.

I have organized the odd chook raffle around the place China. In fact, so have most of the wankers you are addressing. We all have our own thoughts on the price and delivery of Mick's event. Due to being a close knit community, we refrain from school yard name calling and support each other's events instead. If you have had a gutful, that's ok mate. You more than likely need a well earned rest after the years of hard work you have put in. Go for a surf, at least out there in the water, you won't be subject to people having a go at you.

Back to the original topic... How is the planning going anyways Mick?

Last edited:

leithel

Likes Bikes
I'm racing in the 12hour. Very disappointed about the 24hour being cancelled though. I think this is a result of it being poorly promoted. It was never really plugged or promoted properly on here and the website has very little information about the event. Riders want to know about the track, what facilities there will be eg. food, coffee, bar, entertainment etc. These are some of the the things people want to know about before entering. Although I did received an email today telling me that Forrest Brewery will be there and there will be live music. As previously mentioned, the $20 per night camping fees are a bit steep and the site stated there was a 4% credit card fee (which was never actually charged) I'm not having a whinge (well maybe I am) but these are probably some of the reasons that contributed to the lack of interest in the 24hour option.

Either way, I'm racing on Saturday and looking forward to it. I've been told it's and awesome event and I'm sure it will be. Hopefully the organisers jump here and read some of the feedback.

bradbike

Likes Bikes
Mmm,surely this can't be from the race organiser,can it?

Canbaroo

Likes Dirt
... it's Angry Archie Week

Archie Thompson leapt to the defence of his team-mates.:target:

"Who keeps telling me I'm old? Who keeps telling me I shouldn't be in the Socceroos?" said the 33-year-old, who has scored three goals in his past three appearances for the national team.

"Who keeps telling us boys shouldn't be part of the Socceroos? That's what it is, it's team spirit and fighting spirit.

"Maybe we've been lacking a little bit in the last game but hopefully this will shut a few mouths."

"What helps a team, what helps players is support and all we seem to be hearing is that he's too old and this or that.

"For us players it's disappointing because we go out on that pitch, we try to give everything we can for this country and that's the fighting spirit we've always had."