Southern Exposure Surf Coast 12hr 6hr 3hr Mtb Festival

uhuforrest

Likes Dirt
Interesting observation. I didn't see one part of the track under observation of marshals, particularly as there is some sections of downhill which if the unfortunate where to occur would result in a lengthy delay before medical assistance could be notified. In general and under mtba rules and regulations, what are a organizers obligations to the safety issues.

Quiggs

Normally the question of marshalls / first aid etc. is handled via the event permit.

This event is held on private property, (the scout camp), and I believe some of the trail is on Parks Victoria land.

Whether Surfcoast Shire require a permit or note depends on the council.

It IS ENTIRELY POSSIBLE to hold an event with no permit at all, (not saying anything about permit / no permit in this case).

If an event IS held without a permit, and a rider is injured which results in a claim, it will end up in court where the battle between barristers would determine who is responsible.

So, to answer your question would require a claim / court case to determine what is / is not required.

I have noticed events go from doctor / mobile medical staff, to no visible marshalling / emergency plan or first aid on-site.

Perhaps it is a question you could, (should), ask the organisers before entering your next event?

Hope this helps

Roland

Benizmo

Likes Dirt
Cycling central on sbs mentioned next week they would show highlights of the Geelong mtb enduro, are they talking about surfcoast?

ScooterXC

Likes Dirt
Cycling central on sbs mentioned next week they would show highlights of the Geelong mtb enduro, are they talking about surfcoast?
If it's the geelong mtb enduro they might mean the Yowie. But there definitely were big ass video cameras out there on saturday

Hard race! Pretty surprised/impressed that yours truly and his partner in crime got second in 6hr pairs against very big names, especially after a mechanical and issues with the body. Two juniors vs. elites!! Whoo!!

I found this and thought it was necessary.. lol LLAMA!! :llama:

akashra

Eats Squid
Damn you, now I have stuck in my head:

Did you ever see a llama
kiss a llama on the llama
llama's llama taste of llama
llama, llama, duck,
half a llama, twice the llama
not a llama, farmer, llama,
llama in a car, alarm a llama,
llama, llama, duck

Also,
I was once a treehouse, I live in a cake, but I never saw the way the orange slayed the rake :p

Last edited:

cooken

Likes Dirt
Rider with flat: “do you have a spare canister”
Me: “sure, just a sec”
Rider: “is that one of those ones which automatically fixes the puncture?”
Me: “um, what?” *looking at flat* “are you running tubeless?”
Rider: “no”
Me: “have you got a spare tube?”
Me: *reaching for spare tube* “have you got a pump?”
Rider: “no I don’t have anything”
Me: *getting back on bike* “transition isn't far, have a nice run”.

Great event, great track. I had a blast.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rider with flat: “do you have a spare canister”
Me: “sure, just a sec”
Rider: “is that one of those ones which automatically fixes the puncture?”
Me: “um, what?” *looking at flat* “are you running tubeless?”
Me: “have you got a spare tube?”
Me: *reaching for spare tube* “have you got a pump?”
Rider: “no I don’t have anything”
Me: *getting back on bike* “transition isn't far, have a nice run”.

Great event, great track. I had a blast.
Surprised that he didn't ask you to service his bottom bracket and adjust his brakes as well.

Benizmo

Likes Dirt
If it's the geelong mtb enduro they might mean the Yowie. But there definitely were big ass video cameras out there on saturday

Hard race! Pretty surprised/impressed that yours truly and his partner in crime got second in 6hr pairs against very big names, especially after a mechanical and issues with the body. Two juniors vs. elites!! Whoo!!

You guys could have got one more lap in and finished 2nd overall! Good effort though to beat quite a few fast teams

DuncanFG

Likes Dirt
Those big names didn't turn out so big, they got beaten by two girls :)

Benizmo

Likes Dirt
Those big names didn't turn out so big, they got beaten by two girls :)
I was actually on Amity's wheel as we passed one particular rider on the 2nd lap. The look on his face was priceless when he realised he was getting tracked by a girl!

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
I was actually on Amity's wheel as we passed one particular rider on the 2nd lap. The look on his face was priceless when he realised he was getting tracked by a girl!
Always good to see a guy getting chick'd!
mind you Amity seems to overtake me on a pretty regular basis :)

NickL

Cannon Fodder
Lap Splits

by day ... 39:05 = 106th fastest lap time against the men (out of 1925 laps) = top 6%

by night ...45:10 = 50th fastest time against the men (out of 392 laps) = top 13%
How did you work that out (link ??) ? I'm keen to see how my laps stacked up without randomly looking at other riders.

Le Matelot

Canberra Off-Road Cyclists

daniel@supersport

Cannon Fodder
Photo's Southern Exp

I saw a couple of photographers on the course also so I assume they are somewhere, but have no idea if they lurk on this forum.
Hi Guys,

I was out there on behalf of Supersport Images and hopefully riders will have received their post event email with links to photos by now.
If not, head to www.supersportimages.com and check them out at the link under your event.
I really tried to offer a mix from on course so hopefully they reflect that.
Be great if you could spread the word.

Enjoy
Dan