Spammers

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Seriously though - I think the mods need to rethink how new members are being managed on this site.

Removing the spam on a daily basis is not really scaling that well

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Joined today, 132 posts.
Another identity, same posts, 82 since yesterday.
Can't help but think a limit on new members posting might be a good idea

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
It's not sabotage, it's just a bot made to spam forums and we have pretty much zero protection against this particular bot.

We cant get in contact with the owner of the website for some reason and until we do there's just Dozer and I deleting all of the posts manually. Hundreds a day.

All we can do is be patient until Scott surfaces.

If anyone can hack back, now's your opportunity.

Last edited:

marks

Likes Bikes
It's not sabotage, it's just a bot made to spam forums and we have pretty much zero protection against this particular bot.

We cant get in contact with the owner of the website for some reason and until we do there's just Dozer and I deleting all of the posts manually. Hundreds a day.

:thumb: for doing what you guys can.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Meh, while it's annoying as shit, and even more so for the poor fools, whose minimum wage job it is to clean up after them, at least it's caused a couple of forgotten gem threads to pop up.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt

stirk

Burner
Meh, while it's annoying as shit, and even more so for the poor fools, whose minimum wage job it is to clean up after them, at least it's caused a couple of forgotten gem threads to pop up.

#knuckleswasadrunkenchunt
Productivity takes a dive today.

stirk

Burner

Damn bots, probably hiding behind public proxy.

Thanks for the clean up efforts, must be a right PITA!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I wanted to give you guys an update on the spam situation. Actually, its the lack of spam! We're very happy with how it is working out and we're getting almost no spam. How so? We have a system in place where any new member needs to be approved before they can post. On any given day, we're deleting over a hundred attempts of new members signing up that are clearly spam. It's a lot less work for us to approve members than it is to delete truckloads of spam. If you are a new member signing up and it takes a day or two to get the approval then send myself or Johnny a private message and we'll sort it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I wanted to give you guys an update on the spam situation. Actually, its the lack of spam! We're very happy with how it is working out and we're getting almost no spam. How so? We have a system in place where any new member needs to be approved before they can post. On any given day, we're deleting over a hundred attempts of new members signing up that are clearly spam. It's a lot less work for us to approve members than it is to delete truckloads of spam. If you are a new member signing up and it takes a day or two to get the approval then send myself or Johnny a private message and we'll sort it.
Isn't this something that has been the case for a long time? Or is it different to the approval of posts?