Spares kit storage

Deano128

Likes Bikes
So I usually ride with a hydration pack and keep my spares tube and tools in it but I decided to ditch the pack and put a bottle cage on my bike and use a bottle. What storage ideas have you guys got other than duct tape for pump and tubes?

mitchy_

Llama calmer
saddle bag, top tube bag or storage container in a second drink holder as JT mentioned.

some pumps have a bracket that attaches between the frame and bottle cage too.

camoshop

Banned
I run a saddle bag that fits a spare tube, tyre levers, multi tool and spare co2 bulb sometimes I run a top tube bag on longer rides to put food in, also have a 1l water bottle that fits in the bottle cage for longer rides also.everything else goes in the 3 pockets in my jersey

Deano128

Likes Bikes
Enduro 29er only room for 1 bottle cage but I like the idea of the pump that goes in between the cage and the frame.……any particular brand ?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I tried this but it's easier to wear a back pac. I use drink bottles in cages but the backpac for my phone, tube, multitool, CO2 and first aid kit.

Flow-Rider

Burner
A spare derailleur hanger and chain link joiner isn't a bad thing to take along with you. They don't weigh that much and the amount of times I have seen a derailleur wrap itself around a cassette isn't funny.

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
I used to carry a saddle bag until at a race it worked its way open and everything fell out. Lost quite a bit off stuff and only recovered a few items. Just be wary of this. Be ok if you zip tie closed or something or check it regularly.
I stick to putting it in a backpack now. This year as I have a 27.5 and a 29 bike so might tape the spare tubes to each one.

99_FGT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Carry a multi tool and CO2 in jersey pockets
Keep a quick link and some patches taped inside my seat post (mental note)
This is only for short rides though, longer rides (1hr plus) I need more water than that...

Saddle bags are good, check out the Lezyne micro caddy

Al..