Sparkys Bike rack

fop1

Likes Bikes
nice, was thinking of doing something similar, might have to just over order on the next job. would have been nicer if it was just uni strut, and not the basket tray bracket.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
3 Bike Rack for a Ute-Two sparkys Sunday arvo using left over gear made the 3 bike rack for a ute.
See attached
I made one for my ute out of wood, as I can't weld. Why not bolt tie down eyelets to the rack though so you don't have to strap over the sides of the tray? Hook to the bars and tie down forwards. More stable than sideways, less messy when you have multiple bikes and the straps can stay as part of the rack like mine do.

Doylo

Squid
Thanks Mate. We made this with tradesmen quality and skill-ha!
Like the idea of tying forward to eyelets for stability.
See how it goes.

Zam

Likes Dirt
great idea, I have been thinking about doing something similar, with a pivot point on the front so when not in use can just lift up against the head board and secure so you have full use of the tray or tub.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Thanks Mate. We made this with tradesmen quality and skill-ha!
Like the idea of tying forward to eyelets for stability.
See how it goes.
Mate, yours is a thing of beauty compared to mine. A good word for mine is.....hmmmm.... feral. But it works a treat.

Double B

Cannon Fodder
Anyone need one

If anyone needs one I still have some tray and uni strut left over.

Contact us to arrange something. Now daylight savings is here.

I live in North Canberra.

Regards BB.

Doylo

Squid
Sparkys Bike Rack- Worked out a better way to tie down without going over the side. Quicker and save getting up on the tray.
Will do some minor mods to add security