Sparrow Hill

I've been building Sparrow Hill's tracks for 10 years, and for years people have been asking me "where can I find maps". And for years the answer has been "nowhere", even though well-known club websites claimed to have maps, but just showed you how to get out there, or presented scruffy, awful things. I got fed up with all the out-of-date, wrong and non-existent info about Sparrow there is on the Web, and have launched (with a mate, Matt Nolte) a website, http://sparrowhill.info, dedicated to all things mountain biking at Sparrow. Matt's a top graphic artist, and has done a pro job on the maps and web design. We have total map coverage, the history of Sparrow, people pix and stories, news and more than 50 videos. It's our love, come and share it! :)

Pastavore

Eats Squid
I've been building Sparrow Hill's tracks for 10 years, and for years people have been asking me "where can I find maps". And for years the answer has been "nowhere", even though well-known club websites claimed to have maps, but just showed you how to get out there, or presented scruffy, awful things. I got fed up with all the out-of-date, wrong and non-existent info about Sparrow there is on the Web, and have launched (with a mate, Matt Nolte) a website, http://sparrowhill.info, dedicated to all things mountain biking at Sparrow. Matt's a top graphic artist, and has done a pro job on the maps and web design. We have total map coverage, the history of Sparrow, people pix and stories, news and more than 50 videos. It's our love, come and share it! :)
Great work on all counts Alan, thanks!

slippy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Really nice info on your site. The maps are great.
Just one little tiny suggestion, I think a menu on the homepage would be better than having to rely on people finding the tiny drop down menu to access the site content. Other than that though, great.

Really nice info on your site. The maps are great.
Just one little tiny suggestion, I think a menu on the homepage would be better than having to rely on people finding the tiny drop down menu to access the site content. Other than that though, great.
Thanks Slippy. We'll have a look at that.

microRobbie

Likes Bikes
Many thanks Alan and the crew. Sparrow really is a great place to ride and we are so lucky to have people like you and Paul etc putting in the hard work.

I enjoyed reading the history and the bit about the the see-saw from Jelly-Beans - best see-saw ever, I would love to see a replica of that section one day!

One suggestion, you have directions on how to get there by car, but maybe some direction could be given for people interested in riding there off road? I haven't done the dirt out option in ages (and now the road has a wide verge its a bit safer to ride out), but it used to make for a pretty epic day.

mtb1611

Seymour
Best second post in history.

Cheers Alan, not just for the maps but for all of your work. Friends and relatives of mine who reside overseas and who have never been to Australia know of these trails all thanks to your work. Kudos bigtime!

Many thanks Alan and the crew. Sparrow really is a great place to ride and we are so lucky to have people like you and Paul etc putting in the hard work.

I enjoyed reading the history and the bit about the the see-saw from Jelly-Beans - best see-saw ever, I would love to see a replica of that section one day!

One suggestion, you have directions on how to get there by car, but maybe some direction could be given for people interested in riding there off road? I haven't done the dirt out option in ages (and now the road has a wide verge its a bit safer to ride out), but it used to make for a pretty epic day.
Yeh, Robbie, hitting the dirt on the town side of Kowen and finding your way out to Sparrow would be pretty epic on its own, and good luck to you :) But I still wouldn't put a bike on the Kings Highway, mate. I agree, that see-saw was a beauty, and I have an application in to Forestry for permission to replace it.

Klips

Likes Dirt
Awesome stuff Alan, I'm glad I could help out by being a video model!

Excellent resource, awesome stuff.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
There is so much there for other track managers and clubs to go to school on for their own trail networks. Very inspiring.:first:

I knew nothing about the area till now...now I really want to ride there