SpcializedP3 + Giant Rainier

nathan

Likes Dirt
This is my 2000 model P3 with various bits and peices.

Also my Giant Rainier after a big prang at lefty(right at the end of the track after the steep stepdown) bars just cliped a tree on the left of the track, leaving the forks broken and me mangled in the bike.

Adi

It's my birthday!
Nice P.3!

I'm hoping to get my P.2 [03] around June, hopefully thatll be my first ever decent bike :D

I like your Ranier's forks! Nice job :D!

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
man you mangled that mxc. have you ever thought about sticking those discs and hubs on the p3? just curious

nathan

Likes Dirt
Thats a home made chain guide on the P3. I bought it 2nd hand so i dont know who made it, but it works fine.

With putting discs on it well the frame doesnt have the mounts on the back to bolt on the caliper. Spose i could put em on the front cause the forks have mounts and just swap the hubs over. Any ideas about the back. Is their any attachment you can get to make a mount on the back. Thanks dudes.

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wouldnt be surprised if Lindsay could make you up something nathan :)

Won't hurt to ask

lindsay

Likes Dirt
Those forks look good. At least you decided to do a good job.

There's not much i can do if you don't have a rear disc mount. It's possible but way to complicated for me to do. Companies do make rear disc mounts that that run off the rear brake boss but i've heard many reports of them snapping and they're expensive.

The only thing i can suggest is to just run a set decent v brakes like avids on the back and a disk on the front.

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nathan said:
Thats a home made chain guide on the P3. I bought it 2nd hand so i dont know who made it, but it works fine.

With putting discs on it well the frame doesnt have the mounts on the back to bolt on the caliper. Spose i could put em on the front cause the forks have mounts and just swap the hubs over. Any ideas about the back. Is their any attachment you can get to make a mount on the back. Thanks dudes.
i think atomlab does, but be prepared to fork out a lot

Jordy

RYD4LF
isnt there 2 little holes in the frame where a disc mount could be fitted ? on my mates p.3 of the same year model it has some little holes that look like you could and its the same setup as the avanti moto comps where you could fit one