Specialized Bikes and their prices

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Hi there - have been doing a bit of browsing of some XC Bikes and I came across the Specialized Epic Comp Disc and Stumpjumper FSR Expert. One thing that really got my attention about Specialized was their price - they really seem to be at least 30% more in price then other brands in the same category. Am curious to know if this is because of a superior frame, better materials or is it just the brand name?

thanks!
CLS

Last edited:
theres a new spealized dealer opening up in castle hill next weekend, 2 victoria ave, go check them out, speak to dave he'll look after you

floody

Wheel size expert
cleeshoy said:
superior frame, better materials or is it just the brand name?
Generally, all of the above. When it comes to mass produced stuff the specialized frames are a cut above - generally very nice quality, strong, XC stuff is quite light but still durable, geometry is normally perfectly dialled.
They're normally the sort of bikes you can just jump on and rip on with very little acclimatisation, very natural feeling- for example, check the SX trail ride impression on my personal blogsite. But yeah, full bike specs are normally borderline on crap for the price, and their frame only prices are crazy - theres the "buying the name" part.

Last edited: