Specialized Demo 8.... A light one :)....... NEW PHOTOS 3/2/11

macca21

Likes Dirt
re: ^^^
haven't actually weighed on good scales but have done total weights of everything on the bike using the Sicklines verified weights and other verified sources I could find; no claimed weights far as I know... and in the past they've been spot-on.....

IMRTAL

Squid
Like the ride mate,

Spec list looks Fantastic and the weight of the bike is certainly something to be happy with!

Cheers.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey mate, wondering the weight of those pedals and price? I want some new ones to shave some weight because the Funn Soljams (SP) are like attaching two bricks to your cranks.

Looking very nice though.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Hey mate, wondering the weight of those pedals and price? I want some new ones to shave some weight because the Funn Soljams (SP) are like attaching two bricks to your cranks.

Looking very nice though.
Nick, those are my old pedals. Claimed weight was 372g, but they were 380g packaged up and posted to him so would of been under by abit, and thats with the extra pins, claimed weight was w/o the extra 2.

The new ones are slightly thicker in the joins and are 380g claimed. RRP is $134.95, and some arrive tomorrow in assorted colours. I'm running a pretty red set.

Nice work macca, done well man!

Last edited:

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nick, those are my old pedals. Claimed weight was 372g, but they were 380g packaged up and posted to him so would of been under by abit, and thats with the extra pins, claimed weight was w/o the extra 2.

The new ones are slightly thicker in the joins and are 380g claimed. RRP is $134.95, and some arrive tomorrow in assorted colours. I'm running a pretty red set.

Nice work macca, done well man!
Haha cheers, the red could match my dartmoor chain ring nicely. Could be interested soon. Will defintatley tell you when I need some.

Once again, super nice Demo. ;)

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice bike, liking the spec a lot! Wouldnt mind a scale shot for the “sub 17kg” though :p

flyracing

Likes Dirt
nice man, how does the single ply minion hold up? and you could shave off a bit of weight for like stuff all getting rid of that tube on the chainstay and getting some sticky furry velco stuff that weighs next to nothing.

macca21

Likes Dirt
nice man, how does the single ply minion hold up? and you could shave off a bit of weight for like stuff all getting rid of that tube on the chainstay and getting some sticky furry velco stuff that weighs next to nothing.
single-ply on the front holds up fine, time will tell on the back though.... and the velcro; just waitin to get some black stuff and its goin on.
cheers mate

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Single ply tyres? Do you like getting flats every time you sit on the thing!

Personally I'd go a different headset and remove all that tube on the chainstay to drop a bit of weight!