Specialized enduro comp

thepope1986

Likes Dirt
Hi guys, I'm looking to sell 2 of my bikes and purchasing a 2011 model enduro.just curious to hear peoples thoughts or experiences with these. Thanks

fukachu

Likes Bikes
I had a 2007 Specialized Enduro Comp 2007 and loved it. Great all mountain bike, it was happy climbing when you dropped the travel and was so comfortable and planted down hill.

I understand that the new frame actually has a longer travel length which would make it nuts for DH. I haven't ridden the new frame but the extra travel would probably make it a great light weight downhiller that can still be ridden XC. But given your handle is "Shuttle Whore" it will probably suit you fine.

If you riding tends a little more towards balanced all mountain, both the climbing and the descending, then look at the Specialized Stumpjumper EVO or Stumjumper EVO.

In the same mould as the Enduro are the Reign X, Santa Cruz Blur LT, Scott Genius LT and Cube Stereo.

Olliemtb

Banned
my mate just got a Enduro comp he rips up anything and everything 2 days ago we did a 2 hour cross country ride yesterday we went to mt tarrengower in moldon and he ripped up the trails there they are great bikes you should get one!

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i found them long

I took a test out and found it a bit large. Great if your doing a lot of descending, not so great if your doing alot of climbing.
I'd go for a remedy or slayer.

steel ribs

Likes Dirt
I have one and it is a fantastic all round bike. Goes and does anything you throw at it from XC to DH. I ride it everywhere and never had any issues with it. Took it to thredbo and Oxy and no problem.

Good all round bike for when the mrs only allows one bike.

good video on the enduro.

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/133503/

JesseC

Squid
I have the enduro expert and can honestly say it has changed my life!!! The frame is an awesome build quality and I find the geometry spot on for this style of bike.
Couple of tips about the '11 Comp model.... I think these are supplied with the Rock Shox Lyric... I have ridden these and in my opinion the performance is significantly less desirable than the Fox 36. Also, the comp is not supplied with a seat dropper as standard.... If you're looking for a do it ll bike I cannot stress how good the seat dropper is!
Of course, you may already have these or have budgeted for these in your costing.. I think Specialized were selling off their '11 model bikes at reduced prices..... If your local dealer is happy to look after you, you should be able to get the expert for sub $4k....

Like I said, an awesome bike and highly recommended.
I'm also liking the Rocky Mt Slayer70 and Yeti SB66 too..... Sweet time to be riding with so many fun bikes around!!!